The Foundation for International Community Assistance (FINCA International) is a non-profit, microfinance organization, founded by John Hatch in 1984. Sometimes referred to as the “World Bank for the Poor” and a “poverty vaccine for the planet”, FINCA is the innovator of the village banking methodology in microcredit and is widely regarded as one of the pioneers of modern day microfinance. With its headquarters in Washington, D.C., FINCA has 21 affiliated host-country institutions (affiliates), in Latin America, the Caribbean, Africa, Eastern Europe, the Caucasus and Central Asia. Along with Grameen Bank and Accion International, FINCA is considered to be one of the most influential microfinance organizations in the world.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 1 year
- Location: Imo
- City: Owerri
- Job Field: Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
About the Job
- FINCA is recruiting Credit (Loan) & Savings Officers to join FINCA Microfinance bank Limited, Imo State, Nigeria. This position is for entry-level officers with a direct report to Customer Relationship Supervisor.
- The Credit & Savings Officer acquires new loan clients in existing as well as untapped new markets to meet monthly budgeted sales volume, effectively develop, manage and maintain a good savings portfolio; cross selling the organization’s financial products and services including delivery channel products, to improve client’s access to financial services.
- In addition, the Credit Officer shall support the call center in managing the relationships with customers and support the collections centers with field visits during specific emergencies. Other support function includes monitoring of loan repayment behavior to ensure quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with Team Leader in developing weekly/monthly plans with regards to client mobilization and individual performance goals.
- Maintain a good knowledge of assigned market geographical area and understand clients need with competing products.
- Research and develop business opportunities within assigned geographical zone and assist marketing department with market research and impact studies upon request.
- Market all FINCA Products and Services to potential clients by using the promotional tools as approved by management.
- Responsible in acquisition and management of loans and savings portfolio; Loan initiation, customer data collection with approved device and channel.
- Support in loan monitoring and repayment activities.
- Support the call centers in managing the relationships with customers and field visits during emergencies.
- Reduce liquidity risk by aggressively reducing dormant savings accounts.
- Ensure each loan disbursed are in compliance with FINCA lending procedures, policies and methodology.
- Prepare and present report as assigned by your Team Leader/ Branch Manager.
- Compile credit files with required documentation and hand over to back-office staff for processing.
- Any other responsibilities required by the Branch Manager or Savings Manager in line with FINCA policies.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree/HND with minimum of 2nd Class Lower (2.2) or Credit in any related discipline.
- Minimum of 1 year post NYSC experience in credit or a client facing sales role with a financial institution.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Basic mathematical and analytical skills required.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills – Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interest; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Task calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/ Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Set goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- A good salary base
- Monthly performance incentive
- Leave Allowance
- 13th Month Allowance
- Health insurance cover, including spouse and children (max. 4)
- Life assurance cover
- Pension contribution (10% of total base pay).
- Opportunity to work and interact with people of diverse culture (given our global presence)
- Annual training, annual professional subscription and more.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit their Application and Resume within the provisioned deadline, stating the job position as the subject to [email protected] For consideration candidates MUST submit their resume in a word of PDF format.