eHealth Africa is focused on improving healthcare by creating effective ways to implement reliable health information management systems. We have developed eHealth and mHealth solutions that can be rapidly deployed to manage patient information, streamline clinical procedures, and provide data and analysis on health program outcomes. Accurate health data will provide NGO’s, hospitals, and donor agencies with access to timely health system indicators needed to evaluate their health interventions and respond to critical public health needs. We bring about positive change by harnessing the potential of technology, valuing the power and knowledge of local people, and maintaining a sharp focus on the health worker. To help close the gap in access to health care we have developed and share a depth of expertise in: eHealth and mHealth software and solutions Technology Infrastructure Training and capacity building for sustainable health systems Research and data analysis Project Management eHealth Africa works closely with health NGOs in order to provide them with technology solutions that will enhance their on-going and new health programs. We also strive to work with state and government officials to manage large scale implementations at health facilities across the country. eHealth and Information Systems Africa, Inc. is a California, USA Public Service Corporation. We have offices based in California, USA, and Kano, Nigeria.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience: 7 years
- Location: Abuja , Kano
- Job Field: Project Management
Purpose of the position
- The Associate Manager, Operations will work with and be supervised by the Manager, Operations.
- The Associate Manager will lead implementation of program operations initiatives and processes through communication and appropriate supervision of the Operations department activities.
- Manage the staffing pipeline including recruitment, development and mentorship, and performance management.
What you’ll do
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops and implements operation practices and procedures. Assess operational practices, systems, and duties to ensure that technology is effectively leveraged, work is effectively organized and performed at the right level.
- Develops and manages operations against the established operational and capital budgets, ensuring financial goals are met. Participates in budgeting activities, reviews costs and expenses and strives for continuous improvement of the operating units.
- Coordinate and supervise staff responsible for the provision of protocol services for the top Management of eHA,
- Coordinate with the Security Unit, all activities pertaining to the security of the institution’s staff; represent eHA concerning security of the Organization and its staff;
- Monitors, manages and ensures office, residential and associated facilities are functioning in accordance with defined operational standards
- Monitors, manages and increases the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services to the various departments.
- Assists with identification and selection of vendors that would ensure availability of resources for operational activities.
- Estimate the quantities and quality of materials , equipment, expenses & labor in order to determine the feasibility of the project.
- Develop standard bill of quantities (BOQ) for internal and external building projects and other civil works to ensure fair and competitive bids from vendors
- Inspects and supervises project sites and ensures that the structures are built to the analyzed specifications and sanitation and safety standards are met.
- Provides operational management information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing operating and engineering data and trends.
- Attends and participates in professional associations, meetings, seminars, conferences and trainings to stay abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of Operations.
- Ensures compliance with laws and regulations.
- Performs any other task assigned by Management.
- May frequently travel between company worksites.
- Presents a professional demeanor at all times. Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration, regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes and supervision.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures. Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field and increases the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services to the various departments.
Who you are
- B.Sc. and a master’s degree in a related field. A professional certification is necessary
- Minimum of 7 years on the job experience, at least 2 years in senior level role NGO experience is an added advantage.
- Strong leadership skills that include the ability to work effectively with operations teams and external stakeholders.
- Good people management skills, skill influencer and collaborative
- Consistently provide practical/relevant ideas and perspectives on process, practice and improvements which may easily be implemented;
- Minimum of three years of operations supervisory experience.
- Proven ability to lead and manage multidisciplinary/diverse teams, as well as mentoring team. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedural manuals
- Ability to motivate others, delegation, and timely/quality decision-making.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
- Must have the ability to manage conflicts and resolve problems effectively.
- Action-oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency working within specialized software utilized in the program.
- Must be fluent in English, English is the spoken and written language.
- Ability to read, analyze, proof and edit documents, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public.