Committed To Good (CTG) is an award-winning private sector company that enables humanitarian and development projects in conflict zones. As a people solutions business, we recruit, deploy and manage the right people with the right skills to implement projects in the world’s toughest regions.
Having worked in more than 25 fragile and conflict-affected countries, we pride ourselves on hiring 90% local employees, providing decent, dignified work and new opportunities in fragile communities. 90% of our turnover goes back into the local economy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICRS Junior Psychosocial Support Assistant
Job ID: VAC-10553
Duration: 5 months
Start Date: 1st Nov. 2023
Overview of Position
- Working under the overall supervision of the DDRR Project Officer & the direct supervision of the ICRS Project Officer the successful candidate will be responsible for coordination with other members of the ICRS team including those in Gombe & will be responsible for providing quality psychosocial support to the beneficiaries of the ICRS project to improve their overall mental health as part of the DDRR program in Nigeria.
- Provide psychosocial first aid to the target population.
- Become fully familiar with psychosocial activities under the ICRS system & apply this knowledge to implement individual & group recreational, educational & sensitization activities for beneficiaries as well as support groups & conflict mediation if necessary.
- Provide individual counseling sessions to the needs of the target population along with follow up sessions when necessary.
- Conduct psychosocial support activities, ICRS profiling & ensure accurate data entry when required.
- Identify cases that require specialized services & refer them.
- Implement psychosocial support during family & community visits as well as bereavement support when necessary.
- Update existing ICRS monitoring, evaluation & reporting tools such as databases according to deadlines established by the ICRS Officer.
- Under the leadership of the ICRS Team Leader participate in regular staff meetings & other meetings with implementing partners & other relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinate all psychosocial activities with the field staff & report on weekly bases.
- Perform other related duties assigned by the ICRS Project Officer.
- This role will work under the overall supervision of the DDRR Project Officer & the direct supervision of the ICRS Project Officer.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ related working experience in psychology, social work, community mobilization & health.
- Excellent knowledge of English & fluency in Hausa is also required.
- Computer literacy is required.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Keeps strict confidentiality when required.
- Ability to work independently & with minimal supervision.
- Accepts & gives constructive criticism.
- Meets deadline, cost & quality requirements for outputs.
- Identifies the immediate & peripheral partners of own work.
- Establishes & maintains effective working relationships with partners.
- Identifies & monitors changes in the needs of partners, including donors, governments, vendors & program beneficiaries.
- Keeps abreast of developments in own professional area.
- Clearly communicates & listens to feedback on, changing priorities & procedures.
- Listens effectively & communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience.
- Articulates vision to motivate colleagues & follows through with commitments.
- Sets clear & achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self & others.
- Identifies issues, opportunities & risks central to responsibilities.
- Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts.
- Actively contributes to an effective, collegial & agreeable team environment.
- Works effectively with local authorities, stakeholders, beneficiaries & the broader community to advance country office or regional objectives.
- Effectively applies knowledge of DDRR issues within the organizational context.
- Delivers set objectives to strict deadlines.
- Has knowledge of administrative & procedural aspects of reintegration & reconciliation.
- Understands procurement principles, processes & standards.
- Fluent in English (essential).
- Fluent in Hausa (essential).
Application Closing Date
10th October, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This role has no team management responsibility.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.