We are an indigenous non-profit and non-governmental organization with Head Office in Abuja and field offices in several locations in Nigeria. We are in the business of saving lives, making life more meaningful and productive for all Nigerians and especially for people living with; and affected by HIV.
We need dynamic, highly skilled and passionate persons to work with our highly experienced team in the capacity below:
Job Title: Director, Finance & Subcontracts
Job Code: FIN 001
Grant Duration: Subject to availability of funds and exceptional grant performance
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support in developing, implementing and reviewing appropriate systems that provide for funds accountability and accurate charging against appropriate grants budget.
- Will also participate in providing a financial report for annual budget planning, audit reviews and assessments by working closely with technical teams to obtain inputs.
- Draft audit responses for approval by the Chief Executive Officer and ensure implementation of agreed corrective actions.
- Ensure compliance with various local laws and maintain financial files and support annual audits.
- Manage the financial operations and financial reporting of the project, providing guidance and technical assistance to financial management personnel.
- Support the financial operations and financial reporting of the project, providing guidance and technical assistance to financial management personnel.
- Supervise the finance staff, including providing training/mentoring on CIHP’s internal policies and requirements and donor guidelines, rules and regulations.
- Work with relevant departments on integrated management of program finances ensuring effective use of resources and achieving program objectives in compliance with donor requirements
Qualifications & Experience
- University degree or equivalent in Accounting, Finance with membership and certification in professional association i.e. ICAN, ACCA or recognized equivalent is a requirement.
- 8+ years in Financial Management experience with at least 5 years of NGO experience in a similar position in a CDC/USAID-funded project.
- Working knowledge of USG rules and regulations including HSS grant policy, 45 CFR 75, A122 other donor regulations, and GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) with strong financial accounting, modelling and analytic skills to ensure accurate and timely reporting and analysis of information to management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Tally 9 ERP accounting software for reporting purposes and proficiency with Microsoft Office, Outlook and other computer-based applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to articulate results and recommendations of analysis to a variety of audiences within the organization (for example, laterally across peers, upwards to senior management).
- Strong written and verbal communications skills combined with the ability to work collaboratively with program staff and stakeholders across organizational boundaries.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to be able to accept and discharge substantial responsibilities, prioritize work assignments, meet deadlines, and exercise professional judgment.
- Exhibits a positive and professional demeanour in and outside of the workplace that exemplifies and furthers the mission, vision and values of the program.
Application Closing Date
3rd August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Submit their current CV and Suitability Statement not more than 200 words indicating Position and Location in Microsoft Word format by email to: [email protected] The subject of the email should be the JOB TITLE, LOCATION AND APPLICANT FULL NAME; e.g. Director, Finance & Subcontracts – Abuja, CLEMENTINA OGBEH.
- It is important to apply via the link and the mail, as application sent to ONLY the email address will be considered invalid.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to advance to the next stage of the selection process
- Applications are reviewed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated, if suitable applications are received.
- Females and HIV community members are strongly encouraged to apply.