Crest Research and Development Institute (CRADI) LTD/GTE seeks to advance humanity through research, sustainable development, and learning. We are an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition through evidence-based research and developmental aid. We use a multidisciplinary, community-friendly, and ethic-driven approach to support independent, high-quality research with an impact on business development, the public sector, and civil society.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 1 year
- Location: Plateau
- Job Field: Administration / Secretarial , Procurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
Crest Research and Development Institute seeks a Procurement Administrative and Logistics (PAL) Assistant who will provide relevant program, administrative and logistics support for project activities in line with organizational expectations and guidelines. He/she will also assist and provide administrative and logistics support to program staff in the implementation of CRADI day to day activities. The personnel will ensure office utilities, internal control, visitors/workshops logistics are provided.
The position will be based in CRADI’s head office, located in Jos Plateau state with frequent travel across project locations in Nigeria, He/she will report to the PAL associate.
- Provide technical support towards effective and efficient day to day operations of the organization.
- Maintain and update company databases and organize a filing system for important and confidential organization documents.
- Ensure the organization runs smoothly while demonstrating initiative and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Prepare and disseminate correspondence, memos, forms and ensure that everyone is kept current of necessary news and information.
- Planning and coordinating administrative procedures, systems and devise ways to streamline processes
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned.
Human Resource role
- Implement staff recruitment process, including preparing job descriptions, publicizing job ads, candidate identification, selection, engagement and contracting.
- Administer payroll, benefits, and leave management systems, ensuring accurate and timely processing.
- Develop and implement HR policies, procedures, aligned with the organization’s goals and compliance requirements.
- Assessing staff performance and provide coaching and guidance to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Produce and submit reports on general HR activity.
Procurement and Logistics
- Conduct market research to identify potential vendors, engage and manage vendor relations.
- Maintain an organized and comfortable office environment, ordering office supplies, and updating inventory.
- Assist in strategic procurement planning and implementation.
- Support the development and initiation of transactions documents.
- Maintain accounting files and records in accordance with CRADI/donor requirements.
- Preparing Payment schedule of all meetings, workshop and training participants and consultants.
- Prepare payment vouchers and ensure correctness of cost classification while safeguarding the organization resources by scrutinizing all payment requests.
- Maintain a Microsoft Excel based journal for recording of all payments completed and share with finance associate.
- Assist with internal and external audit inquiries and reporting.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Education: BA/BSc. /HND. in Business Administration or related field.
- Experience: 1 year.
Skills and Knowledge:
- At least one year of proven experience in activities listed above.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for diversity.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, detail-oriented and meticulous in approach to tasks.
- Proficient use and a good knowledge of MS office software required (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work combined with the proven ability to multi-task, prioritize duties, and manage time effectively.
- Excellent ability to communicate and maintain diplomatic and productive relations with the team; resourcefulness, flexibility and ability to work in a changing and challenging environment.
The PAL associate will supervise the PAL Assistant
English (Fluency in Hausa, Igbo or Yoruba which is widely spoken across Nigeria would be an added advantage)
Must be willing and able to travel to local and difficult terrains across Nigeria and Beyond.