Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Nutrition and Health Officer
Location: Monguno, Borno
Employment Type: Full Time
Reporting to: Nutrition and Health Program Manager
Proposed start date: June 2022
Job Categorty: Programmes – Nutrition and Health
Level: Mid Level
- We are currently looking to fill the role of Nutrition and Health Officer who will be responsible for the day-to-day implementation and completion of Nutrition and health project activities throughout the project life cycle.
- He/She will provide oversight and supervision to health facilities run by State and LGAs and supported by AAH, building the capacity of MoH Health workers, and keeping continuous updates and reporting.
- Mapping of Nutrition and health activities;
- Technical support for community-level activities;
- LGA Monitoring and evaluation of nutrition and health interventions;
- Supporting the Programme Manager in the management of the project cycle in nutrition and health;
- Ensuring projects are implemented in line with donor proposals and requirements and in accordance with Action against Hunger, Country, and international standards;
- Identification of key community members, selection and training of community Health Influencers, Promoters, and Services (CHIPS) agents;
- Planning and implementation of care groups/porridge mums and community health and nutrition promotion activities;
- Support the Nutrition and Health Assistants in the selection of porridge mum beneficiaries and care groups;
- Follow-up behavioural change communication activities are taking place as per the plan and through appropriate methods and tools;
- Facilitate and assist the PM conducting formative research;
- The twice-yearly assessment of the skills and performance of the Nutrition and Health Assistants;
- The management of his/her teams (leadership, monitoring, motivation….);
- Reporting-ensure regular reports are produced by health workers in supported health facilities
- Support the LGA to consolidate quality facility data in a timely manner;
- Review and analyse facility service delivery data and provide feedback to LGA and health facilities provided;
- Facilitate and jointly plan for LGA level coordination meetings.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Midwifery, Public Health or other relevant qualifications with experience in Public Health and CMAM programming;
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in Primary Health Care Program;
- An excellent report-writing skill is required including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Hausa;
- Good Communication and Interpersonal skills;
- Team management experience with similar programs;
- Ability to observe and to provide feedback on the activities;
- Ability to manage staff according to local culture and organization policies.
Starting Gross Basic Salary / Benefits
- NGN281,063 per month (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
25th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible.
- Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.