We save the lives of children and their families. We enable people to provide for themselves, and we constantly search for more effective solutions, while sharing our knowledge and expertise with the world. We push for long-term change. We are committed to building inclusive workplaces welcoming people from different backgrounds
We operate in the fragile and volatile settings of Nigeria. Where communities and governments struggle to absorb and mitigate economic, political, and environmental shocks and risks. And where a lot of citizens do not have access to even the most basic services, due to poverty or armed conflict.
We address these causes of fragility. We support local communities in creating food security, livelihood, offering WASH and education, assuring access to justice (protection), and promoting gender equality. We empower people economically, facilitate jobs, and foster inclusive economic growth.
Job Title: Finance Volunteer
A Finance Volunteer is essential for supporting our organization’s financial operations, gaining practical experience, contributing to mission, and developing financial management skills. Responsibilities include data entry, analysis, budgeting, and regulatory compliance. Ideal for finance enthusiasts, this role helps achieve financial goals.
- Assist in data entry and record-keeping of financial transactions, including invoices, expenses, and receipts.
- Help reconcile financial statements, bank statements, and financial records to ensure accuracy.
- Assist in creating and maintaining budgets, as well as monitoring budget performance.
- Contribute to financial analysis, identifying trends and providing insights to support decision-making.
- Organize and maintain financial documents, ensuring they are easily accessible and well-organized.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with financial regulations and organization policies.
- Prepare financial reports and statements as needed for internal and external stakeholders.
- Special Projects: Participate in ad-hoc financial projects and initiatives, as required.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Accounting, Economics, Business Admin
- Strong interest in finance and a willingness to learn.
- 0-2 years of experience in protection work, including experience working in humanitarian.
- Basic knowledge of financial principles is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel or other spreadsheet software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Dependable and punctual.