Nigeria Health Watch is a non-profit organisation that uses informed advocacy and communication to seek better health and access to healthcare in Nigeria. We have dual strengths in health and communication and a strong social ethos that underscores all our activities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Engagement Coordinator
- The Community Engagement Coordinator is a full-time role located in Abuja, Nigeria.
- The position requires the professional to develop and lead effective community engagement and outreach programs within the health sector.
- The Community Engagement Coordinator will design community health programs and promote community engagement initiatives that enhance overall public health education to all citizens.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Public Health, Health Advocacy, Healthcare or an equivalent field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in coordinating and implementing community engagement/outreach programs preferably within the health sector.
- Direct and proven experience in community mobilization and health campaigns.
- Demonstrated experience in public speaking and communicating health information to different audiences both in-person and on virtual platforms.
- Ability to liaison with various stakeholders including government and non-governmental organisations, community-based organisations, and patient advocacy groups.
- Excellent project management, research, and analytical skills with the ability to track project budgets and meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to write and disseminate reports, technical documents, and presentations.
- Ideal candidate should be passionate about community engagement and public health advocacy with prior experience interacting with partners, stakeholders and potential donors.
- Knowledge of Nigeria’s health sector and the accompanying cultural diversity applicable to improved grassroots community engagement and involvement.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as the subject of the email.