Solidarites International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 40 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs – water, food and shelter. SI is present in North-East Nigeria since 2016 and is currently operating in 4 bases across Borno State (Maiduguri, Monguno, Ngala, and Dikwa) with outreach capacities across all BAY States through its emergency component. Currently, SI carries out emergency / post – emergency programs in WASH sector in North-West Nigeria where limited actors are currently present.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WATSAN) Officer (Male or Female)
Location: Gusau, Zamfara
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Start date: Projected contract duration is 3 Months – with possible extension.
Goal / Purpose
- Under the supervision of the Watsan Team Leader (WAT TL) and indirectly under the WASH Program Manager (WASH PM), supervises the implementation of works while meeting technical specifications and quality standards and provide technical assistance.
- He will comply with the core humanitarian principles of neutrality, impartiality, humanity and independence as well as with the principles and mandate of Solidarites International at all times
List of Services Delivery Main Tasks
Implementation & Supervision of Water & Sanitation Activities:
- Under the supervision of the Watsan Team Leader, take part in logistical and administrative organization and the planning and preparation of activities
- Produce technical files (BoQs, Scope of work, drawing etc.) according to the identified needs, standards and available resources.
- Ensure the construction and/or the maintenance of construction works using Solidarites International tools (in particular) and according to Solidarites International internal rules:
- Take part in the identification of sites where work is to be carried out
- Carry out technical assessments of identified sites and make recommendations for appropriate tailored interventions
- Train daily workers and other hired skilled laborers
- Allocate tasks and supervise the on-site workforce according to instruction s given by the WatsanTeam Leader
- Carry out work according to technical guidelines and estimates
- Provide the Watsan Team Leader with requests regarding material, tools or service needs on regular basis according to the needs;
- Produce with the supplier the Quality and Quantity check at the end of each work in order to release payment using Si’s internal tools
- Supervise contractors and engage with communities, and ensure the best use of available resources
- Organize, plan and supervise community participation
- Manage the supply of worksite materials as instructed by the Watsan Team Leader by collaborating with the logistics department
- Report to the Watsan Team Leader/ WASH Program Manager on the state of field stock on his/her sites.
- Take part to the evaluation of the technical competence of contractors/plumbers
- Establish safety and security measures for each activity and ensure that these rules are respected by the workforce under his/ her supervision and by the population
- Provide training to all relevant beneficiaries (health facility worker safe and appropriate use of facilities installed.
Reporting / Communication / Representation:
- Keep his/ her monitoring tools and files archived in Solidarités office, accessible to his/her Watsan Team Leader or WASH Program Manager
- Take part in the drafting of project progress reports under the supervision of the Watsan Team Leader
- Take part in seminars and workshops related to the carrying-out of activities and to project objectives when
International Reporting Template:
- Report back all information or problems linked to his/her activity, Solidarités programs or safety issues
- Listen to and coordinate with the local population and authorities in order to identify any needs, complaints, or major events which could affect the activities of Solidarites
- Analyse the humanitarian situation by taking into account protection issues/Do No Harm to the population
- Take part in lessons learnt workshops and other program evaluation activities
- Represent Solidarites International at local and construction site level when requested by the Watsan Team Leader or the program manager.
Organisation Chart Position (Hierarchical and Functional Interlocutor)
- Line interlocutor: Watsan Team Leader
- Line supervisor(s}on base: -Watsan Team Leader
- Functional interlocutor: Watsan Team Leader
- Functional supervisor(s): – Watsan Team Leader
Profile / Requirements
- Resident of Gasau – Zamfara State
- Minimum of Six (6) months of experience as WATSAN Officer or in a similar role
- Ability to deliver high quality outputs in a timely manner
- Fluent in speaking English and Hausa
- A Good listener, good communicator, ability to prioritize his/her work, team player, excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with little supervision.
What We Offer
Salary + Transport & housing contributions + social benefits (medical coverage, 24 days of Annual leaves per year, compassionate leaves, public holidays as announced by government, festive bonus, Life insurance – covering death and permanent disability) etc.
Application Closing Date
22nd October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply online
Submit hard copy of their Applications (CV and Motivation Letter only) at the address below:
Gada Biyu, Zanna Road,
Opposite A.A Gusau House,
Gusau, Zamfara State.
- Open the link above, select WATSAN Officer – Gusau base, Zamfara state, fill the form and attach your CV and motivation letter.
- The CV attached must be named with your First Name and Surname.
- As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the application closing date.