Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. Médecins Sans Frontières provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict. They do so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Storekeeper
Location: Jega, Kebbi
Contract Period: Definite (6 Months)
Open to: The vacancy is open to all residents of Nigeria.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Executing the stock management activities (receipt, storage, and issuance to projects or other departments of medical supplies, food items, spare parts, tools, equipment and/ or other logistics materials), according to the line manager’s instructions and MSF standards and protocols, in order to ensure the overall functioning of MSF activities.
- Supervising materials and goods orders and dispatch in order to ensure its rational use.
- Receiving orders and deliveries, identifying and reporting potential discrepancies against cargo manifest or others. Stores materials in accordance with the system in force in order to ensure continuous availability.
- Updating and/or creating stock cards for all stock items immediately after reception of goods. Checking the received cold boxes and controlling the cold chain-monitoring card
- Storing materials in accordance with the system in force in order to ensure continuous availability ensuring that all items are well organised and correctly stored, well protected, fully identified and easily accessible (cleanliness, security, access, etc.).
- Monitoring the store temperature and ensuring Cold Chain items are stored in an adequate temperature. Keeping a special control of “sensitive” goods: numbers of lots, expiry dates, packaging and special storage conditions
- Preparing orders on time before sending goods, and packs (according to transport means) weighs and labels freight with corresponding shipping number, destination, number of shipping units, waybill number, weight and mode of transport in accordance with the line manager’s instructions
- In conjunction with the line manager, performing physical stock counts in accordance with the frequency previously defined. Following up stock levels with regards to alarms thresholds, stock out and expiry dates.
- Controlling warehouse limited access to authorized personnel and ensuring doors and other exits are secured. Immediately informing the line manager of any problems arising in the course of the work, particularly with regard to damage, loss, attempted break-ins or theft in the warehouse.
- Assisting the line manager with preparation of the stock reports
Context Specific Accountabilities
- Receiving goods arriving to the store, checking its status/condition and amounts in the waybill
- Preparing outgoing items in a clean and optimized way by appropriately packing, sealing and labelling goods, assisting with recording the exits on stock cards and project form, and ensuring good quality of cold chain when needed
- Ensuring that goods are well organized and stored in a clean area to be visible and traceable i.e. assisting in the stock inventory, storing items according to nature and use, and ensuring that the temperature in the store is appropriate and items that require cold chain are correctly stored
- Carrying out basic maintenance of the store, ensuring security conditions (keeping unauthorized staff out, locking, etc….)
- Ensuring cleanliness of common working areas
- Ensuring proper use, storage and maintenance of the equipment and tools provided
- Informing superiors of any incident that may occur in the course of his/her work
- Helping MSF staff carry heavy items, if necessary
- The list above is not exhaustive, it is a summary, the activities will evolve according to the need
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in warehousing or supply related studies.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel databases and MS Office (Outlook, Word)
- Previous experience as storekeeper is desirable.
- Two years’ experience in Similar Role is desirable (Preferably working experience with MSF or other NGOS)
- Knowledge of proper bookkeeping and inventory management
- Familiarity with standard concepts and best practices in a stockroom or warehouse environment.
- Essential knowledge of basic mathematics and use of measuring equipment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills .
- This job description may be amended in line with the activities or evolution of the Mission.
Application Closing Date
12th June 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Adhere to the following after clicking the link above.
- Application should include cover letter, resume and copy of relevant certificates.
- Subject of the Application: “Application for Storekeeper”
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.
- Dual Employment is considered as a gross misconduct, as per MSF Belgium Internal Regulations (IR) and hence not acceptable.
- Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interview; MSF Belgium takes this opportunity to thank all potential candidates for their application.
- Applications should be sent through the indicated channel (online application form) containing the right subject, meeting all requirements, otherwise application will not be entertained.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the next recruitment steps.
- MSF reserves the right to cancel any step or whole of the process at any stage of recruitment.