CBM Global Disability Inclusion works alongside people with disabilities in the world’s poorest places to fight poverty and exclusion and transform lives. Drawing on over 100 years’ experience, we work with the most marginalised in society to break the cycle of poverty and disability and build inclusive communities where everyone can enjoy their human rights and fulfil their full potential.
We work in over 20 countries, investing in long-term, authentic partnership with the Disability Movement and maximising our impact through a coordinated mix of inclusive community-based programmes, local to global advocacy and delivering inclusion advice to other organisations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Inclusive Cash & Livelihoods Advisor
Hours: Permanent contract/full-time
- The Senior Inclusive Cash and Livelihoods Advisor is part of the Disaster Risk Management Unit and shall drive and oversee the technical strategic direction for this area of work, ensuring country teams and partners have access and knowledge of the relevant tools and get the required technical guidance to deliver good quality inclusive cash and livelihoods programming.
- The job will be primarily organisationally focused with a view to shape and establish a solid livelihoods programme base across the humanitarian-development nexus but with expected technical external engagement in the international cash community of practice.
- He/she will very closely collaborate and coordinate with all Technical Teams (Advocacy, Inclusion Advisory Group, Disaster Risk Management, Community Mental Health, Inclusive Eye Health and Inclusive Development/OPD engagement) as the position is cross cutting in nature.
- The role will be part/support as required the work of other internal working groups such as Climate Action Group, Country Coordination Forums, Humanitarian Management Teams, Advocacy Group and Inclusion Advisory Group.
Responsibilities and Duties
- In coordination and collaboration with Technical Teams, Country Teams and Member Teams, lead the technical strategic direction for CBM Global Inclusive cash and risk informed livelihoods programming;
- Support country strategic planning with priority for, but not limited to, those at greatest disaster risk;
- Define Global level impact indicators in the area of Inclusive livelihoods;
- Analyses policies, trends, data & research in Livelihoods in order to develop CBM Global’s policies and practice in the delivery of inclusive livelihoods;
- Ensure CBM Global representation in global technical working groups in the Cash Sector;
- Together with other Technical Teams, collaborate closely and maximize learnings with relevant communities of practice.
Programming and Capacity Building:
- Set standards of quality for inclusive cash & livelihoods programming.
- Coordinate the development of criteria, tools and guidelines to support inclusive cash & livelihoods programme design and development;
- Support country teams and partners with technical inputs throughout the Programme Cycle;
- Lead the scale up and documenting of Inclusive Cash & Livelihoods programmes, which reflect models of good practice and which can be promoted nationally and internationally;
- Work with country and international partners and stakeholders in gathering relevant data and baseline studies;
- Lead capacity development initiatives in the area of inclusive cash & livelihoods in coordination with Country Teams and partners;
- Establish clear guidelines for and conduct inclusive livelihoods programmes technical reviews and indicators, with alignment to CBM Global and international standards.
Resourcing and Promotion:
- Work with fundraising teams to develop relevant communication on model programmes and good practice for marketing and fundraising.
- Support pursuing opportunities to work in consortia in order to leverage the impact of CBM Global programmes.
- CBM Global welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds and people with lived experience of disability.
Education, Knowledge & Professional Experience
- 10+ years professional experience providing strategic and operational inclusive livelihoods technical guidance at programme level in humanitarian or developing settings in relevant areas such as Cash Programming, Agricultural and Livestock support, Microfinance (small loans, savings, insurance and other financial services), vocational training/job market integration, sustainable food systems and nature-based solutions or interventions in markets systems.
- Relevant experience working with and providing technical advice to national and local partner organisations and country teams.
- Good understanding and application of key principles of Disability Inclusion in both humanitarian and development programmes.
- Proven expertise in international and national/local cooperation and in building and managing effective partnerships, both disability-specific and in the mainstream sector.
- Advanced ability to analyse both quantitative and qualitative data and interpret information to communicate to and persuade decision makers / different audiences, both written and verbal.
- Significant experience delivering training and capacity strengthening initiatives and workshops facilitation, including design and delivery and development of supporting materials.
- Experience working in networked or federated structures
- Ability to coach individuals and groups and knowledge of adult learning approaches.
- Experience in advising on delivering training and/or capacity building, particularly with national actors.
- Experience in leading/supporting technical reviews and evaluations of partnerships, programmes or operations.
- Enabling others
- Persuasive communication
- Result orientation
- Fostering teamwork
- Building collaborative relationships
- Strategic thinking
- Has initiative
- Both International and Community Perspective
- English (professional proficiency, spoken and written)
- French an asset
The salary offered will be competitive, dependent on skills and experience, as well as country of location. We offer a local contract.
Application Closing Date
17th October, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online