CARE International places special focus on working alongside women and girls. Equipped with the proper resources, women and girls have the power to lift whole families and entire communities out of poverty. In 2021, CARE International worked in over 100 countries, reaching 100 million people through nearly 1,500 projects.
- Job Type: Contract
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 4 years
- Location: Lagos
- Job Field: Project Management
- CARE International in Nigeria is seeking a Project Manager for an anticipated RESILAC 2 program in Borno State.
- The Project Manager will provide technical leadership to CARE’s interventions in livelihoods, governance, social cohesion, and CSO/ CBO capacity building under RESILAC 2 program in Borno State.
- The Project Manager will lead the project’s resilience building team and guide the implementation of the vocational skills training, natural resource management, social cohesion activities, economic empowerment, gender, and social transformation pathways.
- S/he will lead and mentor a team and work closely with the Sector Managers and coordinate with other consortia partners.
- S/he will work with partners to develop implementation plans, identify, and resolve challenges, and promote ongoing learning and quality improvements throughout the project.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
Job Responsibility #1: Staff Management and Supervision
- Ensure staff assessment and performance measurement include key performance indicators (KPIs) which are continuously monitored and measured against progress
- Ensure that annual and semiannual (reviews) are completed in a timely manner and submitted to HR
- Provides supportive supervision for direct reports
Job Responsibility #2: Technical Support and Project Management
- Provides managerial oversight and guidance to RESILAC 2 project team.
- Provide technical support for all livelihood and resilience-related activities and pathways of change.
- Assess and identify technical assistance needs regarding technical skills, supervision support, etc. for project components within the portfolio.
- Strengthen capacities of the team to mainstream and adopt organizational core values, policies, procedures.
- Support team in the application of agreed program approaches and adherence to quality standards.
- Provide input into revised work plans referring to appropriate CARE resource materials, protocols, and guidance.
- Participate in the design, review, and updating of Detailed Implementation Plans and field activities for livelihood and resilience activities
- Coordinate with the RESILAC 2 Country Consortium Lead to ensure operational support for timely and quality project implementation
Job Responsibility #3: Coordination and representation
- Attend project coordination meetings to ensure effective coordination and linkages with other consortium partner project managers or coordinators
- Represent RESILAC 2 in relevant fora related to key technical areas in consultation with project advisors
- Support networking and coordination of efforts with government, private sector, and key stakeholders who share mutual objectives
Job Responsibility #4: Monitoring
- Ensure efficient use of project resources, adherence to CARE standards, and compliance with AFD and EU rules and regulations.
- Facilitate the resolution of technical livelihoods-related conflicts amongst partners and foster a healthy partnership team.
- Contribute to ongoing project monitoring and reporting to RESILAC Regional Office.
- With other senior members of the Consortium Coordination Unit, create and promote a productive learning environment
- Ensure that Field Office detailed implementation plans (DIPs) incorporate existing commitments to donors.
- Ensure the regular monitoring of livelihood and resilience project activities against existing workplans to ensure effective and efficient implementation; assess program technical quality with team and identify any weaknesses and elaborate corrective action plans as needed.
- Facilitate regular RESILAC 2 review meetings with government, target communities and staff.
- Contextualize and use reporting guidelines to track and develop quality weekly updates, situational reports, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, annual and end of projects reports, key lessons, and success stories in accordance with RESILAC 2 requirements.
Job Responsibility #5: Learning
- Monitor developments related to key technical areas under supervision, including best practices (both within the country and internationally), and engage in personal development and learning on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure that knowledge and learning is documented and shared with MEAL Consortium partner (Groupe URD)
- Make technical input and support the planning, design, and execution of project specific operational research, including baseline and end line evaluation, territorial and market assessments related to RESILAC 2.
- Contribute to CARE’s resource mobilization efforts
- Other Responsibilities as Assigned
- University degree in Agribusiness, Development Studies, or any related Social Science; advanced university degree in any related course is an added advantage
- 5-years plus of relevant work experience with an INGO.
- Minimum of 4 years of management experience.
- Experience in managing partner organizations
- Experience in multi-sectoral resilience building programs.
- Knowledge of the local languages such as Hausa and Kanuri an added advantage.
- Integrity and Trust
- Building Effective Teams
- Drive for Results
- Customer Focus
Method of Application
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CARE considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to race, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, color, national origin, marital status, or veteran status.
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested jobseekers. Please note that CARE will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.Interested and qualified?