The Justice Development Peace and Health is a program of the Catholic Ecclesiastical Province of Jos. The programÂ was set up to Coordinate, develop appropriate structures, offer required services, and improve the system of social development already existing in the Dioceses since 1970.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 2 – 4 years
- Location: Plateau
- Job Field: NGO/Non-Profit , Procurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
Advertisement for Procurement Manager
Community Health Justice and Peace Initiative for Development-JDPH desire to recruit the services of a Procurement Manager. The Procurement Manager will oversee all Procurements for the organization.
Contract Duration: Two years
Location: Jos, Plateau State
- Provide technical support and oversee the development, implementation and evaluation of an integrated procurement and logistics plan and budget aligned to strategic priorities.
- Manage the entire procurement and supply chain process from sourcing, tendering and evaluation, contracting, timely delivery, secure storage and warehousing
- Coordinate inventory control, logistics and distribution process to avoid costly delays.
- Develop and manage transparent and competitive procurement process, including tender specification (EOI, RFQ, RFP), bid evaluation, contract negotiations, contracting and monitoring of ongoing contracts while evaluating the performance.
- Develop and manage the supplier database, and establish competitive supplier selection, and evaluation, quality and performance measurement mechanisms.
- Participate in contract negotiations with suppliers, contractors and service providers and following up to ensure that all contractual obligations are fulfilled and are cost-effective.
- Periodically evaluate the Supplier data base, visit and ascertain the accuracy of details and capacity indicated by the supplier in the data base.
- Establish and implement a monitoring system that ensures that prices paid for goods and services are in line with local market prices.
- Arrange staff travel and hotel reservations, book hotel accommodation for both staff and official visitors.
- Assist in the coordination of vehicle controls, supervision of drivers, and management of staff movements.
- Maintain staff travel and logistics records, ensure proper documentation and management of the organization’s vehicles, movement, logs and records.
- Maintain procurement and logistics files including all relevant documentation and prepare monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports.
- Maintain relationships with suppliers to ensure completeness of deliverables outlined in the contract and also ensure that all vendor complaints and concerns are addressed promptly.
The Procurement Manager will need to poses the following qualifications / skills & experiences;
- Fluency in English, Hausa (both written and spoken)
- Personal qualities: reliable, honest, very good organization, resistance to stress, work under tight deadlines
- Good report writing is an added advantage
- Professional experience of 2 to 4 years in similar position
- Proven working experience as a Procurement Manager, Procurement Officer or Head of Procurement
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in “reading” the market
- Talent in negotiations and networking
- Good knowledge of supplier or third-party management software
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data
- Strong leadership capabilities
- B.Sc degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration
Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Method of Application
Interested applicants should submit their CVs and cover letters in a single MS word document not later than 2nd February, 2023 to [email protected]
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.