Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. Médecins Sans Frontières provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict. They do so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacy Supervisor
Location: Jega, Kebbi
Contract Period: Definite (6 Months) with possibility of extension
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring general functioning of the pharmacy and supervising pharmacy supply chain processes in accordance with MSF standards, protocols and procedures, in order to ensure its efficiency and operating availability.
- Ensuring storage, stock management and supply processes, as well as hygiene and security procedures, tools, and protocols (controlling pests and rodents), implementing appropriate quality controls and records, in order to ensure good storage conditions (temperatures, humidity and light exposure) and availability of drugs and medical material, according to MSF protocols, national regulations and in cooperation with the logistics/Supply department.
- Coordinating the delivery, reception and recording of international and local orders, in close coordination with the logistics/Supply department, updating stock files and informing line managers on their status (shortfalls, over-stocking, expiry dates), in order to permanently ensure security stock levels and ensure efficient management of stock.
- Supervising orders of medical and drug material in order to ensure an efficient and appropriate consumption pattern under budget constraints.
- Supervising the supply of drugs to patients, according to medical prescriptions, informing them on consumption patterns and keeping conditions in order to ensure their therapeutic progression
- Ensuring efficient supply to other pharmacies managed/supported by MSF according to orders and stocks and using cold chain when needed. Monitoring and analysing orders of depending pharmacies in order to avoid ruptures of stock or having expired drugs.
- Supervising, with the HR department, the associated processes (sizing, staff shifts, recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal/external communication) of the pharmaceutical team and the nursing staff, in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required and to improve their dispensing capabilities.
- Recording all items received and issued in computer (Isystock) and reporting on drug consumptions and medical equipment dispensed according to protocols, informing on unusual patterns as well as forecasting future needs, in order to rationalise the budget and to ensure availability.
- Assisting in training of nursing staff regarding dispensing of drugs and their side effects.
Context Specific Accountabilities:
- Ensure follow up of good pharmacy practices in the end users units.
- Responsible for pharmacovigilance and reporting of adverse drug reactions
- As Superintendent Pharmacist for the Central Pharmacy Warheouse responsible for warehouse registration and renewing license of the warehouse.
- Ensure that MSF standard procedures and country regulations (NAFDAC, PCN) are followed and respected.
- Ensure that medical box, first aid kit, car movement medical box and Staff health stock is regulary updated.
- Ensure that poision book is updated and Pyschotropic and Norcotics medicnes are locked and controlled.
- Follow up on the EPREP stock in the project and ensure that EPREP is updated.
- Ensure that stock analysis is carried out regularly and actions are taken to avoid any rupture and expiry in the project. Also ensure to take measures to reduce overstock and sleeping stock in the project.
- Update Isystock and share it with PMR and Mission Pharmacist on monthly basis. Also ensure that monthly SITREP and other Pharmacy reports are submitted timely.
- Train and provide support to end user units and ensure MSF standard pharmacy practices at end user unit level.
- The list above is not exhaustive, it is a summary, the activities will evolve according to the need.
Note: This job description may be amended in line with the activities or evolution of the Mission.
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications
- Essential, Degree of Pharmacy (B.Pharm / Pharm.D) and national qualified pharmacist license.
- Member of a recognized pharmaceutical society.
- At least 1 year of certified work experience as a pharmacy manager
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel databases and MS Office (Outlook, Word)
- Previous MSF/NGO experience in the Pharmacy Management team is a strong asset.
Application Closing Date
29th May 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications / CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Application for Pharmacy Supervisor” as the subject of the email.
- Dual Employment is considered as a gross misconduct, as per MSF Belgium Internal Regulations (IR) and hence not acceptable.
- Applications should be sent through the indicated channel (email/hardcopy) containing the right subject and meet all requirements, otherwise, the application will not be entertained.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next recruitment steps.
- MSF reserves the right to cancel any step or whole of the process at any stage of recruitment.
- Open to all residents of Nigeria.
- Please note only shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited for an interview; MSF Belgium takes this opportunity to thank all potential candidates for their applications.