The Center for Advocacy, Transparency and Accountability Initiative (CATAI), is a youth-led non-governmental organization with a Head Office in Maiduguri – Borno State. dedicated to enhancing service delivery and empowering citizens, we have been visible in Borno Adamawa and Yobe states implementing projects in protection, community empowerment, livelihood, environment, health, peace building, education and governance.
CATAI is implementing a project that aims at increasing the capacity of at-risk youth to organize events that foster harmony, civic engagement, social cohesion, and conflict resolution by cooperating with LGA electoral bodies, LGA officials, traditional and religious leaders, youth organizations, and women’s organizations. The project will be implemented in three local government areas of Shani, Hawul and Kwayakusar across three wards within the local government areas. CATAI is looking for competent project coordinator that will coordinate within three LGAs while reporting to the programs Manager.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Peace Building and Youth Engagement Project Coordinator
Location: Biu, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
Type of contract: Short-term
Duration: 4 months
Reporting To: Programs Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure timely and effective implementation of project’s objectives and oversight of project-related activities under the CATAI-led component of the joint project.
- Deliver results in accordance with the project’s document, project implementation plan and work plans of other partners, communication plan and result log-frame.
- Ensures timely preparation of project work plans, procurement and communications plans as well as other related documents for timely commencement of the project activities. Develops a detailed implementation plan, oversees its progress for the CATAI-led component.
- Plan, coordinate and supervise the work of all project staff including preparation of the required terms of reference for consultants, national experts and subcontractors recruited under the project, forward planning of Project activities and budget expenditures, activity scheduling and reporting.
- Monitor project and relevant programme activities on youth engagement and participation by keeping a close record of activities and expenditures, revision of logframes, work plans (including those of staff) and result matrix to track the progress towards set indicators;
- Develops and oversees implementation of CATAI’s knowledge products such as youth peace and security, population dynamics, human capital and sustainable development, training of the young people’s learning provision (YPLP), with particular focus on young persons specifically from the vulnerable groups of the defined target project communities.
- Prepares comprehensive, outcome and output-oriented, evidence-based inputs to progress reports under CATAI-led activities of joint funder-based projects based on the requirements of the funder and other related organizations, as well as ad-hoc technical reports, when required.
- Represents CATAI at the project joint steering committee (JSC) under co-chairmanship of the cluster leaders.
- Perform other tasks as requested by the CATAI management.
- Inter-agency coordination and partnerships’ building.
- Work in close coordination with joint project partners, other CATAI projects, national, ensuring optimum participation of all relevant stakeholders in planned project activities;
- Develop professional platform for networking and partnership building with local authorities of the target regions, CSOs, youth centers and organizations, other international development organizations or programmes working in the area of youth engagement, youth participation, social cohesion, Youth Peace and Security and youth-led peace-building;
- Ensure visibility of CATAI and joint projects through public relations, advocacy, working with the mass media and other communications activities.
- Knowledge-building and knowledge-sharing.
- Promotes project knowledge products, identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learned for organizational sharing, learning and planning future strategies;
- Provides support to effective advocacy of project activities.
- Promotes a knowledge sharing and learning culture in the youth programme and community outreach.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum three (3) years of relevant progressively responsible experience at the national level of progressively responsible experience in project management and coordination/implementation services or related fields.
- Experience and understanding of implementing human rights, youth engagement and youth participation, social cohesion, Youth Peace and Security and youth-led peacebuilding or related areas will be a strong asset;
- Experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects and establishing inter-relationships among international organizations and national governments is an added advantage.
- Experience of establishing effective partnerships with relevant stakeholders from the governmental and non-governmental institutions involved into youth engagement and participation at the national and sub-national levels;
- Proven successful experience in developing of evidence-based publications, reports, advocacy materials are desirable;
- Experience of working on similar position and project will be considered as an advantage;
- Proficiency in MS Office package, Google applications, and advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling web-based management systems and teleconferencing tools.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Team-management and leadership skills.
- Time Management.
- Exemplifying integrity
- Demonstrating commitment to CATAI
- Embracing cultural diversity
- Embracing change.
Application Closing Date
15th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Send their cover letter and a CV as one document to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: CATAI will not ask any of its applicants for money or favors in return for an employment opportunity.