Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Nutrition and Health Programme Manager
Locations: Maiduguri – Borno and Potiskum – Yobe
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Nutrition and Health
Direct Line Manager: Project Coordinator
Proposed Start date: November 2021
- Action Against Hunger is looking for to fill the role of a Nutrition and Health Programme Manager to contribute to the successful implementation of nutrition program activities with the aim to improve access to nutrition and health services for affected population in Borno and Yobe state under the BHA (Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance) funded project.
- Update and maintain 5W/4W mapping (Health, and Nutrition sector) tool on a regular basis for the operational LGA; and share with Project Coordinator;
- Update tracking tool to monitor programme screening based data on acute malnutrition; collect health facility based disease surveillance reports and update morbidity reporting tool for assigned health facilities/LGAs;
- Develop nutrition activity work plans based on the program annual work plan and implement activities in a timely manner;
- In consultation with technical leads, contribute to development of nutrition project proposals and project budgets
- Conduct periodic capacity assessment of health workers on CMAM services delivery, IMCI service delivery, Reproductive health service delivery, vaccination etc. and review the training needs and/or coaching needs;
- Conduct field assessments, identifying potential needs, designing and implementing response plans;
- Ensure quality and timely field level implementation of the Nutrition programme (OTP and TSFP), against set objectives, targets, work plans;
- Work with health workers to establish crowd control mechanisms and compliance with Infection Control and COVID-19 mitigation measures in the health facilities/centres;
- Provide guidance and support to health workers for putting in place facility based screening, detection of acutely malnourished children;
- Closely monitor if health workers are following the appropriate protocol for antenatal care, delivery service and postnatal care;
- Support the State Ministry of Health facility staffs on developing customized need specific guidance notes and delivery service for on job coaching on different modules based on national protocol;
- Conduct technical on-job coaching of health workers during supportive supervision in health facilities;
- Mentor, and supervise the Nutrition team to promote high quality nutrition implementation approaches including conduct various trainings on nutrition and supportive supervision activities;
- Prepare consolidated tracking tool for supportive supervision visits/on-job coaching sessions.
- At least a Degree in Nursing, Midwifery, Public Health or other relevant qualifications with at least 5 years experience in managing nutrition and health activities;
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions;
- Prepared to live and work in an uncertain security environment;
- Previous experience in supervising hygiene promotion activities;
- Excellent report writing skills and proficient in Microsoft Office software Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word);
- Fluency in Hausa and English;
- Commitment to AAH mission, values and policy.
Starting Gross Basic Salary & Other Benefits
- N718,840 per month (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
25th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Qualified women are strongly encourage to apply.