No economy grows without the use of credit and there is no example of any advanced society without the use of credit. Credit at whatever level of sector, if not properly managed could spell doom for an economy. As we are all aware, for the economy to grow to the point of providing desired jobs and wealth creation, there must be credit extension at all levels of industrial and commercial activities. But credit business extended or granted under a sloppy arrangement is an evil worse than an economy driven by a cash-and-carry regime. All over the world, businesses extend credit to each other, but successful management of these credits has been hampered, abused to a large extent following lack of standards, unethical conducts, insider’s abuse resulting to sharp practices in the industry. Evidencing that there is a systematic absence of regulation and protection of relationships between debtors, creditors, and managers of credit. In other countries of the world where economy is driven by credit system, national institutes for credit are in place to regulate, set standards, moderate ethical conducts and build capacity of the people involved in managing, controlling and monitoring credits at all levels of commercial or business credit activities. The incidence that triggered the world economic and financial meltdown in years back stemmed largely from proper attention that was not paid to sound and disciplined credit management system, thus re-enforcing the need for every country to provide necessary safeguards and infrastructures to protect local credit market economy. In order to foster development of credit management in Nigeria and Africa, and to ensure that standards are set based on best practices in professional and ethical conducts, as well as provision of services geared towards enhancing skills and capacity building of those involved in credit functions, the Institute of Credit Administration (ICA) was established as a non-profit organization in 1992 and got its legal status as a body limited by guarantee under the law of Nigeria in year 2002. The institute’s Bill for charter scaled through and was passed into Law at the Nigeria’s Federal House of Representatives in 2009.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 1 – 10 years
- Location: Abuja , Lagos
- Job Field: Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
At the National Institute of Credit Administration (Chartered by Act of parliament No.1018 of 2022), Abuja Branch is recruiting a suitably qualified Membership Drive Executive.
Applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Age – 25 years and above.
- Educational qualification – degree in Marketing, Business Administration or any other social science course, with high marketing skills including business communication.
- Computer skill – Must be very skillful in the use of computer
- Social media experience – must be well experienced in LinkedIn, email marketing, Facebook, other platforms and internet browsing.
- Other super requirements – very sound in English, super written skills, extrovertly smart, hardworking, and excellent personality.
Your primary job roles are as stated below:
- Drive the NICA Membership operations in a fair, objective and courteous manner.
- Deliver membership certificates and letters to NICA members.
- Generate both weekly and monthly target performance report and submit to the Head of the department.
- Implementing fully, as a responsibility, all measures, guidelines and recommendations necessary for a successful recruitment of persons into NICA Membership.
- Deal with membership related correspondences and other enquiries.
- Your work demands that you must work quickly and accurately, even under pressure, while at the same time having a positive approach to meeting targets and willing to take on new tasks.
- Expected remuneration for this role is N80,000.00 subject to review based on productivity.
We expect applications and CVs to come from applicants living around Utako, Abuja. You are to send your CV to: [email protected]
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the Apply Now button below.