GOALPrime Organization Nigeria (GPON) is a non-governmental and nonprofit organization that strife to make life of vulnerable women and children better through revitalized partnership. GPON provides life-skill education and psychosocial support to conflict-affected, WaSH community or camp services, Education in emergency services, Gender-based Violence mitigation services, Child protection service, Protection monitoring services, Nutrition and public health services.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: OND
- Experience: 2 years
- Location: Borno
- Job Field: NGO/Non-Profit
- Salary Range: ₦150,000 – ₦200,000/month
Applications close at 12 am on 30th November 2022.Applications submitted after this date will not be considered.Due to the urgency of the position, GPON has the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
GOALPrime Organization Nigeria (GPON) is a National Non-profit Non-Government Organization with a mandate of Making life better for vulnerable children and women across nations. Following the challenges children are facing to have adequate support from social services and institutions to access basic amenities for their growth and development across nations. GPON is saddled to provide complementary support to vulnerable children across nations to attain personal growth and development. GOALPrime Organization Nigeria is presently operating in Northeast Nigeria and FTC where we have reached over 2,000,000 lives (directly and indirectly) with integrated services, we support internally displaced persons with emergency relief materials, Child Protection services, WASH services, GBV mitigation services, Livelihood skill building, Health services, Peace building and Education support services. GPON work in both emergency and development context.
For the next twelve months, GPON shall be implementing a CPiE project with funding support from the Nigeria Humanitarian Fund (NHF), in Kala-Balge, Damboa, Mafa and Monguno LGAs of Borno state. This is a one-year project with an option to extend it
The MEAL Assistant is part of the M&E department and will work closely with the NHF project team. The MEAL Assistant will be responsible for ensuring the implementation of robust feedback channels. These may include design and administration of surveys, focus group discussions, proactive and reactive feedback mechanisms. The MEAL Assistant will be responsible for aggregating feedback, identifying key themes and challenges or opportunities to respond to, and presenting these to the management team for a decision on how to respond.
Feedback Planning and Implementation:
- Collect beneficiaries’ feedback through various channels. (Community meetings, surveys, discussions, phone lines, suggestion boxes, SMS among others)
- Regularly update the excel based Feedback Registry on everyday basis and raise cases including breach of GPON code of conduct, allegations of child abuse or sexual exploitation and other major programmatic complaints
- Receive, record, and classify complaints for attention by the MEAL Officer and refer to the respective sectors.
- Collect response from the program staff on the feedback and communicate back to beneficiaries
- Ensure accurate and confidential filing of reporting forms. such as beneficiaries feedback form, Feedback Registry, surveys, interview, minutes from community meetings, reports, datasets among others
- Generate reports on the implementation and use of feedback channels, per sector, including limitations and challenges.
Feedback Monitoring, Reporting, and Response:
- Support the MEAL officer in updating the project MEAL plan timely and provide feedback to program staff on status and quality of implementation.
- Responsible for tracking project progress against monitoring work plans;
- Responsible for documenting findings from project data quality audits and store in project files to ensure collective and sustainable access;
- Actively participate in and contribute to MEAL team activities, system assessments, development and implementation of new systems and/or tools aimed at strengthening overall MEAL practices at GPON;
- Aggregate and disaggregate beneficiaries feedback (according to gender, age, status, sector, risk-level and other beneficiaries appropriate disaggregation).
- Present statistics on feedback received and feedback content in clear formats to highlight feedback trends to the program team, as well as synthesize qualitative feedback in ways which provide the detail that the program team will need to design an appropriate response.
- Analyze key themes, challenges, and opportunities for program improvement
· Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop GPON programs
- Contribute to providing MEAL inputs for NHF report writing during project implementation;
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: MEAL Associate
Indirect Reporting: MEAL officer, Project officer
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
- Degree in statistics, computer science/information management/or any other related field;
- Excellent computer skills are required (particularly Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Kobo toolbox);
- At least 2 years’ experience working in monitoring and evaluation preferred;
- Strong data collection, analysis, and report writing skills required;
- Ability to work independently, think analytically and take initiative in solving problems;
- Ability to communicate technical issues effectively;
- Familiarity with log frame analysis and MEAL plan;
- Experience in conducting assessments;
- Must be willing to travel to other LGAs to work
Level of Contact with Children:
- High contact- the job responsibilities of this position require the post holder to have very frequent contact with children.
- It is expected that children who come in contact with GPON shall be protected at all times.
- Availability: 05.12.2022
- Salary and conditions: In accordance with GPON Terms of Employment. The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: using the position as subject of email.Interested and qualified? Go to GOALPrime Organization Nigeria (GPON) on forms.gle to apply