The Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS) was established through an Act of Parliament in 1960. This Act depicts that the NRCS is recognized by the Federal Government of Nigeria as a community based Voluntary Aid Society, auxiliary to and complementing the public authorities in the area of humanitarian interventions. The NRCS was recognized by the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) in 1961 and admitted by the International Federation of the Red Cross Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) as the 86th National Society in 1961.
Calabar, Cross River State
Technical Officer – Clinical Services
Under the direct supervision of the Technical Officer-Clinical Services, the Assistant Technical Officer – Essential Drugs (ATO-ED) willsupport the implementation of sustainable essential drugs supply component of delivering health and nutrition intervention to the Cameroon refugees and host communities in Calabar operations office.
Job roles and responsibilities
- Provide Logistics support to the outreach team and PHCs focusing on reporting, distribution, storage, and warehousing of PHC essential drugs and commodities.
- Support the PHC on product selection, quality assurance, receipt of commodities and efficient storage and distribution systems including laboratory logistics.
- Work with the team in developing, maintaining, and improving a logistics management information for PHCs
- Ensure establishment and strengthening of Performance Based Financing and Drug Revolving Fund systems committees for health facilities through engagement of host and refugee communities.
- Support coordinated systems for NRCS to transport health commodities report and forecast delivery times, transport costs and performance to reduce stock-outs, eliminate wastes and lower costs.
- Ensure that all documentation for health commodities in the team is complete and compliant to established standards.
- Monitor disbursements of Medications, drugs and consumables to health facilities.
- Coordinate the PBF intervention including independent monitors contract, deployment, facility gains and follow up on challenges reported by the facilities
- Ensure PHC utilize the PBF gains for sustainable DRF according to the project plan
- Support PHC to generate essential drug list based on NPHCDA minimum standards and ensure linkage of PHCs to vendors for procurement of commodities.
- Liase with other ATO for commodity distribution to other locations
- He/ She shall also provide mentorship and guidance to health workers in PHCs on LMIS.
- Support the team in the development of Terms of References for planned activities such as capacity building, missions, meetings, stakeholder engagements etc.
- Review the teams weekly, monthly and quarterly project reports
- Review retirements and other financial documents before submission to NHQ
- Submit reports of Project activities to the NHQ
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy
- Must be registered with Pharmaceutical Council of Nigeria
- Must possess a valid practicing license
- At least two years’ experience in clinical work or humanitarian settings.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Ability and willingness to stay at the project sites is required
- Ability to respect and maintain medical secrets and confidentiality at all times
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions like long distance walking to distribution sites.
- High level of integrity
- Excellent written and oral proficiency in the local language.
- Excellent Advocacy skills
- In-depth Knowledge of PHC services in Nigeria
- Excellent report writing
- Coordination and team-building skills
- Strong interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision
- Excellent MS Office skills (including Word, Excel, Power-point etc.)
Method of Application
To apply, send your CV and Cover letter (as one single document) to email@example.com.
Pay close attention to job description requirements as applicants that do not meet these requirements will not be considered.
State the Position applied for/State/Name as subject of the email
Applicants who fail to comply with application instructions above will not be considered.