The United Nations is an international organization founded in 1945. It is currently made up of 193 Member States. The mission and work of the United Nations are guided by the purposes and principles contained in its founding Charter. UN Photo United Nations Headquarters in New York City. Due to the powers vested in its Charter and its unique international character, the United Nations can take action on the issues confronting humanity in the 21st century, such as peace and security, climate change, sustainable development, human rights, disarmament, terrorism, humanitarian and health emergencies, gender equality, governance, food production, and more. The UN also provides a forum for its members to express their views in the General Assembly, the Security Council, the Economic and Social Council, and other bodies and committees. By enabling dialogue between its members, and by hosting negotiations, the Organization has become a mechanism for governments to find areas of agreement and solve problems together.
- Job Type: Contract , Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 5 years
- Location: Abuja
- Job Field: Media / Advertising / Branding
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design themes, infographics, Layouts and covers of documents.
- Development of figures, including colours, fonts, graphics and layout, and resulting materials such as Newsletters, brochures, banners, posters, fliers and booklets.
- Creation of graphic templates to be used for reports and presentations.
- Preparation of printing packages (all layout and design files) for printing of publications and other communication products (brochures, annual reports, banners, posters, booklets, leaflets, books, calendars, bulletins, flyers, cards)
- Deliver creative and innovative ideas for print, web and interactive presentations. This will require the graphic designer to provide technical solutions for use of new media
- Create animations for illustrative purposes such as animations, presentations and more advanced solutions
- Maintain templates (InDesign, CorelDraw, Publisher Word, PowerPoint etc)
- Provide videography and photographic support to the UN Information Centre
- Assist in establishing and be responsible for maintaining photo and video library
- Any other duties as may be requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in a discipline relevant to IT, fine arts, Graphic Design, certified degree in CAD (computer-aided design and drafting) software relevant to the production of maps and illustrations is preferable.
- 5 Years
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required.