Abt Associates is an engine for social impact, fueled by caring, curiosity and cutting-edge research that moves people from vulnerability to security. Whether it’s welfare or weather disasters, the environment or economics, agriculture or HIV and AIDS, we address the world’s most pressing issues. Our work is diverse and so is our bold workforce. We never fail to ask “What if?” We identify patterns, we search for the best way.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Administration Officer
Job Identification: 102947
Location: Jos, Plateau
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: Business Operations
- The Finance and Administration (F&A) Officer will be based in Jos, Plateau State and reports to the Director of Finance and Administration.
- As the F&A Officer, you will work closely with the F&A team in Abuja and Home Office to ensure that the program finances and operations align effectively with approved workplans, follow company policies, donor regulations and local laws.
- In this position, you will also work with the team to ensure that the project activities are of high quality and adhere to Abt’s core values.
- Support the finance and administration team with day-to-day project finance and operations, procurement, travel, and administrative and project logistics.
- Assists with LHSS Plateau State expenditure tracking and reporting, ensuring all necessary supporting documentation is in place.
- Coordinates the organization of local meetings under the supervision of the Director of finance and Administration and the state and country office teams. Negotiates hotels, transportation, and meal arrangements.
- Coordinate all logistics (project vehicle movement, fuel consumption, vehicle rentals)
- Manage office supplies and oversee office utilities and payments
- Manage travel advances and process travel expense reimbursements
- Records expenditures, income, and other related transactions.
- Prepares payment vouchers, corresponding checks and transfer receipts.
- Scan payment packages and all supporting documentation on daily basis before documents are prepared for the payments.
- Assists in drafting RFQs, PRs, and POs as well as contributes to bid analysis under the guidance of the Finance & Administration Director.
- Ensures that all payment vouchers are up to date at all times, orderly, well kept, and readily available for reference and audit, when required.
- Manage advances, advance reconciliation, and travel reimbursements for the state team.
- Receive and distribute per diem payments and transportation reimbursement to the activities attendees in locations of operations as required.
- Ensure proper coding of financial transactions and audit-ready documentation. Ensure expenditures are in compliance with Abt Policy.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the F&A Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Management or other relevant field preferred.
- 4 years’ professional office management, operations, and finance experience, preferably on USAID funded programs.
- Experience with QuickBooks is preferable.
- Excellent management, organizational and computer skills
- Excellent written and spoken English required
- High School Diploma + Four years of relevant experience, or Associates Degree + Two years of relevant experience
What We Offer
- We foster an environment where you can Thrive Your Way. Our innovative total rewards programs are designed to help balance your work and personal life. The approach toward your wellbeing centers around comprehensive benefits and professional development.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
- Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.