RTI International is one of the world’s leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 3,700 provides research and technical services to governments and businesses in more than 75 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory testing and chemical analysis.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: MBA/MSc/MA , PhD/Fellowship
- Experience: 12 years
- Location: Abuja
- Job Field: Medical / Healthcare
- In close collaboration with the COP, provides technical direction and leadership of the project.
- Develops and adapts technical strategies, approaches, and activities to achieve objectives, and applies and contextualizes global best practices and learning to the Nigerian setting.
- Oversees and coordinates activities of state teams. Directly supervises technical leads.
- Takes a leadership role in work planning and implementation of program activities by working in close collaboration with the COP and ensure that the project activities are meeting client and stakeholder expectations. Serves as a member of leadership team, setting a positive and professional tone for the team, collaborating closely with the other team leaders.
- Leads the development and delivery of the activity’s technical components, providing programmatic leadership and overseeing technical assistance, working in close collaboration with leadership at the national and state-level.
- Serves at the Task Order lead for any FCT health activities.
- Provide technical guidance on integrated health policy, strategy, and programming within the activity to staff and sub-contractors and externally.
- Review data and reporting to analyze progress toward targets and determine corrective action needed to improve goal achievement.
- Develop and implement the activity’s local capacity strengthening initiatives, building on the existing rich technical expertise readily available in Nigeria.
- Working with teams, FMOH, and local partners, identify local innovations for scale-up within and across states.
- Support development and monitoring of technical work plans and budget, working with project staff, consortium members, and government stakeholders.
- Ensures the production of high-quality technical deliverables and reporting.
- Document lessons learned and technical innovations of the activity.
- Develops and maintains effective partnerships with relevant health donors, implementers, and consortium members, to foster collaboration. Serves as the activity’s main point of contact for technical collaboration fora.
- Represent the project in public and professional circles through meetings, conferences, and presentations.
- Master’s degree and 12 years of experience, or other advanced degree (PhD, MD) in a relevant field, such as medicine, public health, health system management, social administration, or social sciences and 8 years of experience. Clinical qualification a plus.
- At least 10 years of experience in managing and/or implementing integrated health service delivery or technical assistance programming addressing MNCH, FP/RH, nutrition, and/or HSS in a similar context, with at least three of those years working in Nigeria as a senior advisor or staff member.
- Expertise in one or more of the following evidence-based facility- or community-based interventions/strategies: MNCH, FP/RH, nutrition, and/or HSS.
- Experience in strengthening quality of care a plus.
- Experience designing, implementing, or overseeing gender- or youth-sensitive health programming.
- Experience supervising technical staff in the implementation of integrated health programming across different offices and operating contexts.
- Proven ability to work independently and multi-task in high-pressure settings.
- Ability to travel and work in any of the anticipated priority states.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and writing skills.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Verbal and written English proficiency is required.
- Experience working on USG-funding health programming in Nigeria is required.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to RTI International on globalcareers-rtiinc.icims.com to apply