Center for Advocacy, Transparency and Accountability Initiative (CATAI) is established in 2018 is registered as an NGO with Head Office in Maiduguri – Borno State. We have been visible in Borno Adamawa and Yobe states implementing projects in protection, community empowerment, livelihood, environment, health, peace building, education and governance. We are currently implementing the ECW-MYRP Project in a consortium with Grow Strong Foundation, Goalprime Organisation of Nigeria and Restoration of Hope Initiative (ROHI) as Lead and a project with International Alert. Our approach is aligned with our mission to enhance services delivery and empower citizens envisioning a world where people in the most remote areas of the globe can have access to the basic needs of life. With values around Integrity, Partnership, result-based and sustainability.
POSITION(S): Community Volunteers
NUMBER REQUIRED: Four (4)
REPORTS TO: Income Generating Assistant
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF ROLE:
The Community Volunteers will work under the supervision of the Income Generating Assistant to ensure successful implementation of the Project within the communities/IDP Camps of implementation. S/he will generally support community mobilisation activities, serves as the focal point for contacting the community stakeholders and support the Income Generating Assistants in all activities in areas of sensitizations, mobilisations, and keeping track of beneficiaries.
• Support in managing the established Safe Spaces and the Community Based Mechanisms (CBM).
• Support in maintaining the established CBM within the Communities.
• Assist the IGA to conduct integrating activities for information, public education and awareness-raising sessions to prevent GBV/SEA.
• Support in strengthening the established Peace Clubs in all the project locations
• support to engage the members as ‘peace ambassadors’ to promote messages on GBV/SEA awareness and prevention mechanisms.
• Support to promote peaceful processes of social norm changes, and social cohesion in the communities.
• Perform any other related duties as requested.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCES, TECHNICAL SKILLS AND LANGUAGE COMPETENCE:
• A minimum of SSCE is required for this position
• Any other additional qualification is an advantage.
• 0-1 year of experience working in administration.
• Fluency in English Language both written and spoken is required, Hausa and language is mandatory
• Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, a rigorous, self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently.
• Hardworking, flexible, and able to work collaboratively within a team.
• Open only to Nigerian Nationals.
HOW TO APPLY: Click this LINK to Apply
Center for Advocacy Transparency and Accountability Initiative (CATAI) operates in an equal opportunity environment and has policies that actively encourage gender equality, diversity and social inclusion, Child Safeguarding, Adolescents and Youth Initiatives, PSEA, GBV, VAC and Fraud.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CATAI Does not Charge any fee to facilitate any recruitment process.
DEADLINE: APPLICATION CLOSES 25th February, 2022.