Equitable Health for Women and Empowerment Initiative (EHWEI) is an indigenous non-profit making community based organization that aims at contributing to the global effort geared towards advancing the sexual and reproductive health, right, education and empowerment of vulnerable and marginalized young women and adolescent girls in Ebonyi and Enugu State.
We seek application from qualified persons for the following position under Global Fund (GF) National Alignment HIV Impact Grant (NAHI) which has Family Health International (FHI360) as its principal recipient (PR), Excellent Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) as sub-recipient (SR) and Equitable Health for Women and Empowerment Initiative (EHWE) as sub-sub recipient (SSR).
Position: Community Facilitator
Position Location: Ebonyi state
- Mobilize and reach FSW with HIV education
- Provide and drive demand for HIV testing services using community outreaches, sexual network tracing and moonlight testing
- Identify and refer FSW clients for PrEP and STI services
- Link identified HIV positive FSW to care
- Promote and distribute male/female condoms and water based lubricants
- Initiate partner Notification services to reach sexual network of FSW who tested positive
- Document work done using standard national tools
- Develop monthly narrative report based on the activities carried out
- Reports to the Outreach worker and Case manager
- This is a full time employment and you are expected to devote 100 percent of your time 8hours each day from Monday to Friday and some weekends should it be required.
Reporting & Supervision: Outreach Worker and Case Manager
- ND in related field
- Good interpersonal relationship
- Must be an FSW
- Strong communication skills in written and spoken English and other local languages.
- Must be resident in Ebonyi
- At least 2 years’ experience in above mentioned position.
- Ability to multitask and adhere to timelines.
Note: The advertised position is full-time. This vacancy will close on the 24th of October, 2021.
Interested candidates may submit a one page capability statement and an updated resume as a single MS word document with full names and position as the title of the document to firstname.lastname@example.org with position clearly stated as subject of the email.
EHWEI is an equal opportunity employer and strongly advice qualified community members to apply for positions were applicable as outlined above. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.