POSITION Case Worker
LOCATION Borno state (Jere & Monguno LGAs)
SLOTS 4 Slots
REPORTS TO GBV Officer
EMPLOYMENT TYPE Contract
DURATION 10 months with possibility of extension
START DATE ASAP
EXPERIENCE Minimum 2 years in Case management
REBHI is a National Non-governmental organization that aims to respond to the need of vulnerable communities through supporting self-reliant empowerment activities particularly for women and youth and other vulnerable members of the society.
The Integrated GBV Services for Women and Girls of Reproductive Age is a 10-month project (July 2021 – April 2022) funded by the Nigeria Humanitarian Fund (NHF) and implemented by the Rehabilitation Empowerment and Better Health Initiative (REBHI) in Jere and Monguno LGA’s of Borno state. The project is targets vulnerable populations in IDP camps and host communities in Monguno and Jere with the aim of reducing suffering and vulnerability to GBV, SGBV & SEA for women and girls of reproductive age. The project will also support the co-ordination of the GBV sub-sector through co-ordination of the dignity kits technical working group (which REBHI leads) by assessing reviewing and implementing the needs of beneficiaries into the standardized dignity kits contents. The Primary responsibilities of the Case Worker are the following
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide direct, one-on-one and ongoing case management services, including safety planning
- Provide direct, one-on-one emotional support to survivors throughout case management process including final case evaluation and closure
- Provide referrals for survivors to other services including child protection and specialized mental health services, accompany of survivors where appropriate and conduct follow- up to ensure appropriate services have been provided to the survivor.
- Identify gaps in referral services and report these gaps to the GBV Officer for action.
- Liaise with community volunteers for purposes of survivor follow-up as part of case management to individual survivors.
- Ensure survivor-centered services, including adherence to guiding principles of respect, confidentiality, safety and security and non-discrimination
- Complete and maintain case management records to maximize confidentiality and safety
- Participate in case review meetings and referral coordination meetings if needed
- Submit case management reports on a weekly and monthly basis
- Conduct an analysis of trends of GBV incidences and related information on a quarterly basis and present report to the GBV Officer for advocacy and program future program
- Contribute to a positive team environment
- Practice self-care
- Maintain confidentiality and ethical conduct
- Submit weekly and monthly activities reports to the supervisor every Friday and at the end of each month.
- Hausa and English languages required; Kanuri language be must
- Demonstrated commitment to helping others.
- Demonstrated discretion and good judgment
- Experience working with survivors of GBV an asset
- Previous training / experience in GBV programming an asset
- Comfortable in living and working in Jere and Monguno.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION:
- Educated to university level (First degree or HND preferably in Social Science, Psychology or a related Field).
- Some long hours including evening and weekends to complete tasks or attend events
- May involve working in regions that are remote and lack basic modern infrastructure
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified applicants should send their CV and cover letter to the following email address email@example.com Include your name and position you are applying for as the subject of the email. APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT FOLLOW THIS GUIDELINE WILL BE DISREGARDED.
Deadline for all applications is 23rd July 2021