POSITION Community Volunteer
LOCATION Borno state (Jere & Monguno LGAs)
SLOTS 6 Slots
REPORTS TO GBV Officer
EMPLOYMENT TYPE Contract
DURATION 10 months with possibility of extension
START DATE ASAP
EXPERIENCE Minimum 2 years in Community volunteering
REBHI is a National Non-governmental organization that aims to respond to the need of vulnerable communities through supporting self-reliant empowerment activities particularly for women and youth and other vulnerable members of the society.
The Integrated GBV Services for Women and Girls of Reproductive Age is a 10-month project (July 2021 – April 2022) funded by the Nigeria Humanitarian Fund (NHF) and implemented by the Rehabilitation Empowerment and Better Health Initiative (REBHI) in Jere and Monguno LGA’s of Borno state. The project is targets vulnerable populations in IDP camps and host communities in Monguno and Jere with the aim of reducing suffering and vulnerability to GBV, SGBV & SEA for women and girls of reproductive age. The project will also support the co-ordination of the GBV sub-sector through co-ordination of the dignity kits technical working group (which REBHI leads) by assessing reviewing and implementing the needs of beneficiaries into the standardized dignity kits contents. The Primary responsibilities of the Community Volunteer are the following
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Community Volunteer will be responsible for the following:
- Conduct door-to-door sensitization on GBV prevention and reporting by community volunteers within IDP camps and host communities of target locations.
- Assist in program coordination, which may include focus group discussion, key informant interviews and one on one interview with respondents based on program developed and supplied by the program lead.
- Participate in overall implementation of the activities as may be assigned by the project team lead.
- Gather and accurately record responses from the community members as the need may demand.
- Submit completed reports and other equipment used in fieldwork to the supervisor and will, if required to do so, compile his/her findings in a format required by the GBV Officer.
- As part of each assignment, he or she will participate in briefings; carry out data collection, data entry and/or reporting.
- Promote program intervention within community, especially integrating community leaders and decision makers.
- Assists in developing ways in which community involvement can be increased and community groups strengthened;
- Liaise closely with local actors and other local stakeholders to raise the awareness, sensitize and engage them at grassroot level.
- Provision of linkages to community-based structures relevant for project implementation
- National Diploma or its equivalent.
- Previous experience in conducting GBV, Health, and Education assessments.
- Experience in mobile data collection, administering questionnaires and conducting interviews, data collection and data entry
- Willingness to learn and explore new experiences
- Fluency in speaking and understanding English, Kanuri and Hausa. Kanuri speaking is highly preferred.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Honesty: Shows a high level of integrity and will not fabricate responses or misrepresent the program
- Communication: Confidently expresses self, able to clearly ask questions and help the respondent understand what is needed from her/him.
- Relationship Builder: Able to build trust with people at the rural level and maintain confidentiality.
- Cultural Awareness: Must be aware of and sensitive to the cultural expectations of communities in Northern Nigeria.
- Accuracy: Must be able to interpret and record responses appropriately without distorting the respondent is meaning or confusing the reader.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION:
National Diploma, NCE or any other relevant field.
- Some long hours including evening and weekends to complete tasks or attend events
- May involve working in regions that are remote and lack basic modern infrastructure
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified applicants should send their CV and cover letter to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org Include your name and position you are applying for as the subject of the email. APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT FOLLOW THIS GUIDELINE WILL BE DISREGARDED.
Deadline for all applications is 23rd July 2021