Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, international organisation. The organisation is made up mainly of doctors and health sector workers and is also open to all other professions which might help in achieving its aims.
Médecins Sans Frontières provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict. They do so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Storekeeper
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing tasks as per the Storekeeper’s instructions. This includes but are not limited to the following:
- Receiving goods arriving to the store, checking its status/condition and amounts in the waybill
- Preparing outgoing items in a clean and optimized way by appropriately packing, sealing and labeling goods, assisting with recording the exits on stock cards and project form, and ensuring good quality of cold chain when needed
- Ensuring that goods are well organized and stored in a clean area to be visible and traceable i.e. assisting in the stock inventory, storing items according to nature and use, and ensuring that the temperature in the store is appropriate and items that require cold chain are correctly stored
- Carrying out basic maintenance of the store, ensuring security conditions (keeping unauthorized staff out, locking, etc….)
- Ensuring cleanliness of common working areas
- Ensuring proper use, storage and maintenance of the equipment and tools provided
- Informing superiors of any incident that may occur in the course of his/her work
- Helping MSF staff carry heavy items, if necessary.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Making delivery of items to the consumption units according to the delivery document
- Cleaning of common working areas.
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of HND / OND or its equivalent
- Desirable experience in MSF or other NGOS in developing countries.
- Knowledge of proper bookkeeping and inventory management
- Familiarity with standard concepts and best practices in a stockroom or warehouse environment
- Essential knowledge of basic mathematics and use of measuring equipment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- English Language essential.
Application Closing Date
1st March, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application, including Cover Letter, Resume and copy of relevant Certificates and NYSC Certificate / Exemption Letters (Softcopies) as follows to: to: [email protected] using “Application for the position of a Storekeeper Assistant” as the subject of the email.
Send hard copies to:
No 14 Tennessee Crescent,
Off Panama, Maitama,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited for interview; MSF Belgium takes this opportunity to thank all potential candidates for their application.