Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is a private, not-for-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in distress, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Water, Hygiene and Sanitation (WATSAN) Supervisor
Contract: Fixed Term Contract during Malaria Peak/208 working hours per month with roster flexibility
- Supporting the Water, Hygiene and Sanitation (Watsan) Manager in the implementation and supervision of Watsan activities, including tools and materials employed according to MSF standards and protocols, in order to improve health and living conditions of the target population.
- Ensuring the day-to-day implementation and administration of assigned Watsan activities at project level, including but not limitedto, water supply, excreta disposal, waste management, vector control, and dead bodies management
- Ensuring that the MSF procedures and protocols are followed by the Watsan teams to guarantee the operational quality of the project;
- Ensuring the maintenance and repair of technical equipment in the project to guarantee an adequate running of Watsan activities;
- Ensuring the distribution of the materials and tools used in water treatment, hygiene and sanitation (e.g. physical organization andinventory of stocks, receiving and processing orders for water, sanitation and hygiene material, check that the amounts receivedare recorded, and check monthly consumptions, etc.);
- Supporting the Watsan Manager in ensuring an appropriate emergency preparedness and response capacity informing and involvingthe Watsan Manager in case of any major management or technical issue, and providing all required reporting
- Supporting the Watsan Manager in the team planning (e.g. staff rosters and admin, HR processes, etc.)
- Planning and supervising the HR processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, tasks definition and internal andexternal communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledgerequired for the activity.
- Participating in data collection and reporting as required.
- Technical Diploma, desirable specialization in water and sanitation.
- Previous experience in technical works and organizing of multiple activities, preferably within MSF or similar work environment.
- Essential fluent in English / Hausa.
- Computer literacy.
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioral Flexibility.
- Commitment to MSF Principles.
- Stress Management.
Application Closing Date
6th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only successful applicants will be called for the next steps and are obligated to disclose any information about family member(s) currently in the employ of MSF-France in any location.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favors in kind, nor other types of favoritism will be tolerated in the MSF recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring a candidate having benefitted from any such acts. All illicit demands may be pursued through the judicial system.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages any Nigerian citizen to apply irrespective of race, gender, religion, creed, political affiliation.