|Position:||VSLA Assistant(1 positions)||Project Programme:||/||Food Security and Livelihoods Resciliance Buiding|
|Location:||Nigeria, Yobe State, Damaturu LGA, with possible trips to other impementation areas within Yobe state (10% of the time).||Reports to:||Direct Supervisor: Economic Reintegration Officer/Business Integration Officer Reporting to: Project Manager|
|Duration of the Project:||9 Months ASAP||Duration Contract:||of||8 months(renewable upon funding and performance)|
|Contract Starting:||Basic salary:||According to COOPI salary grid|
Overall Description of role:
Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Project Manager, the Cash for Asset Field Monitor is responsible for community mobilization, identification of beneficiaries and key community assets for rehabilitation and support Income Generating Asset beneficiaries
The incumbent will provide support to the Economic Reintegration Officer/Business Integration Officer and Income Generation Officer in formulating the strategy for and subsequently implement innovative actions for VSLA and other Savings and Loans Groups, both in building the capacity of local financial service providers, creation of linkages, and ensuring an enabling environment for VSLA and Savings Groups activities and growth in the community. Work with the Program team to develop VSLA and Savings Groups related research and monitoring of VSLA and Savings Groups, business cases and intervention plans in the selected sectors to improve impact.
- Create awareness amongst community members and leaders on project goal, objectives, activities and beneficiary selection criteria.
- Work closely with Village agents and groups to ensure timely implementation of activities.
- Provide continuous support to the supervisor in planning of VSLA and Savings Groups activities.
- Ensure that all the relevant stakeholders in the field areas are better coordinated.
- Ensure to prepare and submit activities reports well in time in line with the project / COOPI’s requirement on defined reporting formats.
- Provide support to conduct various assessments in project areas as well as provide support to the supervisor in identification of needs and opportunities to scale over the project activities. – Lead the VSLA activities in project implementation areas.
- Ensure to develop adequate monitoring mechanism to monitor the VSLA groups on regularly basis.
- Ensure to collect the required information on routine basis to provide the feeds for the activity progress.
- Ensure to collaborate with other stakeholders to learn and adopt best practices
- Closely work with the financial institutions to build the linkage with VSLA groups and financial institutions.
- Provide support to team to implement other project activities in same project area
- Participate in various trainings organized by the project/COOPI & conduct step down trainings. – Ensure that communication is open and transparent and all issues addressed efficiently.
- Work closely with the Monitoring and Evaluation Team to ensure smooth access to beneficiaries and cooperate with all monitoring systems and recommendation.
- Represent the organization and the program in relevant forums.
- Document lessons learned and success stories on the project.
- Provide weekly and month project progress report
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to the organization and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission
Monitoring and reporting
Collect information and data on Livelihoods Resilience at LGA level through surveys, assessments and regular process monitoring of beneficiary households and groups.
- Support to track the progress of activities, challenges encountered, lessons learned and good practices and Compile collected data, pictures and other information from the field.
- Pass on any information or problems to his/her direct and/or indirect supervisor concerning his/her task, COOPI programs, or safety aspects
- Keep monitoring tools and files archived at the COOPI office, ensuring their availability to his/her Deputy Project Manager and Project Manager.
- Compile information to ensure that the surveillance of the VSLA and Savings Groups situation in the area of implementation of the program is achieving the expected result, when required.
- Collate information and data on agricultural activities through surveys, assessments, regular post distribution monitoring and field supervision visits of beneficiary households and VSLA and Savings Groups.
- Participate in inter agency coordination forums at LGA and State level as required.
- Provide feedback to the programme team based on the field monitoring visits.
- Support the project team in developing high quality project/programme reports regarding resilience perspective.
- Liaise with COOPI MEAL Team colleagues and some project partners to ensure timely submission of contributions. Support the M&E team in analysis of beneficiary data collection through the various tools.
Networking, Mobilization and Coordination Support
Mobilization and awareness raising about the organization, program objectives and activities to local authorities and the population, and act as a link between the organization and the beneficiaries (at LGA level)
- Support the Supervisor to ensure that beneficiaries’ access to the service provider guarantees protection and gender sensitivity in the field key activities
- Work closely with community structures to follow up on implementation of on VSLA and Savings Groups related activities and support in the implementation of capacity building training for the VSLA and Savings Groups target beneficiaries at the LGA level.
- Supervise the Implementation of sensitisation activities for targeted communities about strengthening livelihood restoration activities whilst collaborating with the State Emergency Management Authority (SEMA), Extension workers, Community Volunteers, traditional leaders and other key stakeholders in feasible livelihood restoration activities at LGA level. Represent COOPI in coordination meetings and conferences as requested by the Program Manager.
- Responsible for maintaining relationships with farmers, livestock beneficairies and
Logistic & administration
- Under the responsibility of the Economic Reintegration Officer/Business Integration Officer, Deputy Project Manager, Project Manager and Program Manager, contribute to logistical and administrative organization of the activities
- He/She will contribute to the definition of the needs in materials and tools regarding the program and the planning of interventions.
- Ensure the safety and good condition of all material provided by COOPI.
- Inform the Project Manager in case of security incidents, rumours or any security information.
- Ensure the follow-up and the proper use of materials and tools used during on-site works.
- Analyse the security situation in the area and inform the project Manager and Head of Base in case of security incidents, rumours or any security information.
Professional skills and qualifications needed for the position
- Degree in Economics, Rural Developement and Agric extenssion, Sociology and Socical Works and other relevant training(OND, HND).
- Experience in VSLA and Savings Groups training and mentorship approaches. One to two years’ experience in related work Experience in participatory methodologies.
- Experience in facilitating training of trainers.
- Knowledge in developing training curriculum
- Experience working with International NGOs Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong initiative, flexible and able to plan and implement work plan with minimum supervision
- Awareness of security matters and protocols
- Willingness to take challenges and to work in difficult conditions
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote where services are limited
Personal qualifications needed for the position
- Committed to rights based and gender sensitivity work, pro-poor policy, committed and strong civil society organizations and social mobilization.
- Able, willing, and committed to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Contribute constructively to a working environment based on mutual respect, trust, and commitment
- Able to cope with stress and work under any challenging circumstances.
This ToR shall be inclusive of any other task specifically assigned by the Project Manager and direct supervisor for what concerns the implementation of the program activities.
- Knowledge of the local language (Hausa and Kanuri).
- Proficient in data collection and handling bulk registers and monitoring of beneficiaries and groups.
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited. This ToR shall be inclusive of any other task specifically assigned by the Project Manager and direct supervisor for what concerns the implementation of the program activities.
Female candidates and candiates from Yobe are strongly encouraged to apply.HE POSITION
Please note that any late application or incomplete submission will not be considered and thus will be disregarded immediately.
Applicants shall be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Kindly find below link for your application: https://forms.gle/C6f1ZsANs8epyLCa9