The Consultant (STTA) will work closely with the Federal Component of State2State to provide technical assistance to State2State states for OGP Implementation. In addition, the STTA reports to the Federal Lead and collaborates closely with the State Team Leads and the S2S Federal Coordinator.
The Consultant will support the states in developing a technically sound State Action Plan while working closely with respective state secretariat, State2State location teams, and the OGP national secretariat. Where necessary the consultant will participate in advocacy engagements to States on OGP related matters. In addition, the Consultant will ensure lessons from engagements with other states ahead on OGP are incorporated in delivery and informs future engagement.
The Consultant led by the Federal team will carry out the activities enlisted below. All activities are on a draw down basis on LOE required per activity.
The Consultant works with the Federal team and the OGP National Secretariat to develop a detailed work plan with timelines to deliver on identified activities. Overall, the Consultant will:
- Provide support to S2S States on OGP to prepare relevant materials for fiscal transparency and Monitoring and Evaluation, researching what other OGP participants have done; what federal/other state governments have done to date; provide recommendations for future actions for states to take into account in developing and implementing their action plans.
- Attending State action plan development engagements; support in facilitation of the sessions and support decisions regarding the proposed activities for the Sub-national action plans.
- At engagements with federal or State actors, the Consultant will deliberately promote/highlight linkages between OGP thematic areas and core governance/service delivery areas to promote a joined-up narrative.
- The Consultant will work with all relevant parties to provide remote technical `support to States in drafting their Action plans.
- Comments from the OGP Secretariat and other stakeholders will be received, and Consultant will remotely support states in addressing difficult comments in finalizing their Action plans.
- The consultant will facilitate lessons learning sessions between federal and state partners and among state partners on the OGP process as part of a wider adaptive programming and implementation strategy.
- OGP is not implemented in isolation, and it is not entirely new outside of existing governance reforms in states and supported by S2S. The consultant will map out S2S Intervention areas and indicators against State specific OGP SAP thematic areas and indicators and develop a framework that will enables state OGP TWG report progress on implementation of the SAP.
The Consultant will report to the Federal Lead.
How to apply
USAID-State2State will only contact candidates who are successful at this pre-qualification stage.