Catholic Caritas Foundation of Nigeria (Caritas Nigeria), is a Not-for-Profit Humanitarian and Development Agency established by the Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria (CBCN), to coordinate at the national level, the social development interventions of the Catholic Church in Nigeria. Caritas Nigeria works to fight hunger, disease and ignorance as well as respond to humanitarian crises and emergencies by mobilizing resources from within and outside the Church to meet the basic needs of affected persons, regardless of religion, nationality or ethnicity.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer – Prevention, Care & Treatment
Locations / Communities: Asaba – Delta, Enugu, Owerri – Imo and Umuahia – Abia
Job Category: Care and Treatment
Job Type: Full Time
Project: 4GATES PROGRAM
Slot: 5 Openings
- The Global Action Towards Epidemic control in Sub-national units in Nigeria (4GATES) program is a comprehensive HIV/AIDS prevention, care, treatment program being implemented in Abia, Delta, Enugu and Imo States.
- It is a 5-year program (October, 2017 to September, 2022) implemented by Caritas Nigeria and its consortium partners; Catholic Relief Services (CRS), and Pro-Health International as the sole Implementing Partner for PEPFAR in these states.
Summary of Role
- The Technical Officer, Prevention, Care & Support will work with stakeholders, facilities, Civil society organizations, Subnational government units, State Technical working groups in the planning, implementation, coordination and evaluation of Prevention, Care & Support of HIV services including but not limited to general prevention, HIV Testing Services, Linkage, Adherence, Retention, Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission, Differentiated Models of Care and Nutrition services programming within 4GATES supported the state of operations, communities and facilities.
- The incumbent under the supervision of the Senior Specialist will provide direct programmatic implementation support at the facility, team and program level in the attainment of project activities.
Description of Role & Responsibilities
- Support the design and implementation of the Prevention, Care & Support Services activities in supported states in accordance with 4GATES objectives in the following regards;
- Support the design and implementation of the HIV prevention services (including HTS among the general population, KP, adolescents and young people) in supported states.
- Provide technical support and oversight to ensure excellent HIV Testing Services delivery in supported facilities with particular focus on Index Case Testing in line with program directives.
- Support the process of development, review and deployment of HIV prevention documents, guidelines and training curricula, including HIV Testing Services, Index Testing and KP testing, tailored training curriculum and service delivery guidelines.
- Contribute to capacity building efforts of partners and ensure delivery of high quality services at all program sites using internationally recognized best practices and in line with national guidelines.
- Work to strengthen quality assured counseling and testing services across all the HTS models (facility, mobile and strategic community outreaches targeting key and vulnerable populations.
- Implement effective linkage of all identified positive clients through innovative strategies e.g. accompanied referrals and use of the linkage tracker for all identified positives across all supported facilities.
- Work with the ART Health care team to establish and strengthen adherence systems at the facility and community levels for improved quality of patient care. Support facility adherence interventions to ensure long term adherence to ART.
- Put in place effective retention interventions to attain 95% retention of patients on ART.
- Ensure integration of prevention of MTCT services into all ante natal care services and effective mentoring and supervision of health care workers at PMTCT sites.
- Build capacity of facility nurses to take on new roles in the implementation of differentiated model of ART delivery (DMOAD) such as Fast track refill services and organized specialized clinics for stable patients.
- Strengthen facility based patient health education curriculum.
- Work with the state MOH for qualitative HIV Testing, Care and Support Service delivery in line with the program and national guidelines.
- Provision of technical assistance and capacity building to facilities.
- Assess quality of community support activities in and around treatment facilities and assist treatment facilities and communities in developing their ART support programs.
- Identify training needs, plan and facilitate on-site training sessions on HTS, Linkage, Adherence, Retention, Care & Support services.
- Distribute appropriate job aides and education materials for treatment support staff.
- Provide an account of program related achievements through site visit, monthly and quarterly reports to supervisor.
- Participate in other miscellaneous activities including representing CCFN, making presentations, relevant organizational research and abstract writing.
- Represent the organization in meetings and other forums related to the job.
- Carry out other additional duties as required.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Technical Officer reports to the Prevention Lead in the State. The position has a dotted line reporting relationship to the Senior Clinical Specialist/Deputy State Team Lead, Senior Prevention Advisor, the Senior Technical Advisor – Clinical Services and the Program Director.
- The Responsibilities (Above) are not all-inclusive. The employee will also perform other related tasks as required and will be responsible for reporting and communicating progress and achievement of the specific assigned tasks.
Desired Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, or Nursing, or Medical or Biological or Management or Social Sciences.
- Three (3) years’ mandatory knowledge and experience in the design, implementation and management of HIV prevention, care and treatment services.
- Knowledge of Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission services is required.
- Experience of dealing with difficult and sensitive situations in a professional manner.
- Ability to work under pressure, efficiently handle multiple tasks, quickly find creative solutions to problems and challenges that arise, and manage stress and time in a fast-paced work and fluid operating environment.
- Ability to foster and maintain a spirit of unity, teamwork, cooperation, and learning.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Sensitivity in working with multiple cultures and beliefs, and to gender equity.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team.
Application Closing Date
6pm; 16th September, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Letter of Application with a recently updated CV as a single PDF file-format (as an attachment), and send to: 4GATES.CaritasNigRecruitment@ccfng.org using the Job Title and Location as subject of the email. E.g. “Technical Officer, Prevention, Care & Treatment – Abia State”.
Click Here for More Information
- Application not received in the stated format will be disqualified.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.