- The Technical Officer (Public Health) will be primarily responsible for supporting team members in the development of quality proposal and bids.
- S/he will also be responsible for providing oversight, coordination and reporting of Public Health projects within the organization.
- This position may subsequently grow to encompass direct management of projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Support development of high-value or complex proposals or bids including proposal writing and interdepartmental coordination with Program, HR, Operations,Grants and Finance team for proposal development.
- Support new business efforts in sourcing for and responding to RFPs, E.O.Is grants and other funding opportunities
- Must be able to appropriately review proposals to ensure it is well synthesized and cohesive
- Cultivate business relationships with external stakeholders and potential partners for large scale or strategic funding opportunities
- Works closely with the New Business team to ensure prompt response to new business leads
- Track up-coming funding opportunities, donor engagement and proposal development process.
- Provide professional developmental opportunities for junior program staff.
- Evaluate performance of supervisee(s) and provide constructive feedback and proactive leadership
- Serve as primary interface for the organization and local staff to implement projects
- Achieve project requirements within budget, established time-frame, standards of quality, and donor satisfaction
- Establish, maintain, and develop productive working relationship with field staff, supervisees, consultants at large, and other departments within 360HSDC
- Represent program management at offsite venues for the purpose of business development and information dissemination as directed
- Contribute to and inform program design, knowledge of tools towards implementation of projects, knowledge management and thought leadership, and collection of resources.
- Work with Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) team to design and determine indicators, ensure that the field has the tools to monitor progress made towards indicators, periodically check in with field team on data collection and progress toward meeting objectives, and share experience with regional teams
- Monitor and evaluate project progress and performance, including reviewing deliverables, and make recommendations where project activities may need to be adjusted based on M&E results
- Travel to field offices to monitor project activities
- Work with Human Resources to source and recruit critical talent
- Support design, review/selection, and implementation of sub-awards, including review of quarterly narrative and financial reports, as well as processing invoices.
- Ensure the quality of monthly/quarterly reports.
- Provide input into annual work-plans, performance monitoring plans, and other programmatic reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Public Health, Health Sciences, International Relations and International Development. Master’s Degree in Public Health or other Health Sciences preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in Public Health Programs in the international development sector.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in writing and development of proposals
- Significant experience with budget management and oversight of large single project or multiple small projects, including projections, pipelines, and modifications.
- Experience with program management, project design, and business development.
- Knowledge of political contexts in multiple African countries preferred.
- Field experience is desirable.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title ‘Technical Officer – Public Health’ as the subject of the email.