Catholic Caritas Foundation of Nigeria (Caritas Nigeria), is a Not-for-Profit Humanitarian and Development Agency established by the Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria (CBCN), to coordinate at the national level, the social development interventions of the Catholic Church in Nigeria. Caritas Nigeria works to fight hunger, disease and ignorance as well as respond to humanitarian crises and emergencies by mobilizing resources from within and outside the Church to meet the basic needs of affected persons, regardless of religion, nationality or ethnicity.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer, Pharmacy & Supply Chain Management
Location: Umuahia – Abia and Enugu
Job Type: Full Time
Project: 4GATES PROGRAM
Job Category: Pharmacy and Supply Chain Management
Slot: 4 Openings
- The Global Action Towards Epidemic control in Sub-national units in Nigeria (4GATES) program is a comprehensive HIV/AIDS prevention, care, treatment program being implemented in Abia, Delta, Enugu and Imo States.
- It is a 5-year program (October, 2017 to September, 2022) implemented by Caritas Nigeria and its consortium partners; Catholic Relief Services (CRS), and Pro-Health International as the sole Implementing Partner for PEPFAR in these states.
Summary of Role
- Under the supervision of the Senior Technical Specialist, Pharmacy & Supply Chain Management, the incumbent will be responsible for the provision of technical guidance on pharmacy and supply chain-related activities to assigned Service Delivery Facilities in the state.
- The job holder will ensure and support the effective communication and documentation of all Pharmacy and Supply Chain Management activities including pharmacy-related improvements and recommendations identified during site visits.
- S/he will conduct site visits and meeting with relevant stakeholders and will prepare monthly summary reports of all pharmacy and supply chain activities in assigned SDFs in the state and submit to the Senior Technical Specialist, Pharmacy & Supply Chain Management as required.
Description of Roles & Responsibilities
- Contribute to Caritas Nigeria monthly and bimonthly program reports on Pharmacy and Supply Chain activities.
- Maintain state issues log.
- Monitor and collate adverse drug reactions reports for the state.
- Mentor facility focal staff on Pharmacy and Supply Chain activities.
- Participate in developing and updating Pharmacy and Supply Chain training manuals.
- Organize TDC meetings at all supported health facilities.
- Review last mile distribution schedule for all assigned health facilities in the state.
- Act as a resource for all Pharmaceutical and Supply chain issues in assigned s state.
- Strengthen Pharmaceutical care practices in assigned facilities.
- Support the ART surge activities in assigned communities and health facilities.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with Procurement and Supply Management (PSM), GON and facilities.
- Monitor distributor performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
- Participate in capacity building activities for Pharmacy focal staff.
- Monitor reporting rates and timeliness of reporting for facilities in the assigned sites.
- Monitor emergency order rates for health facilities and communities in assigned sites.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Technical Officer, Pharmacy & Supply Chain Management, reports to the State Pharmacy & Supply Chain Management Lead with a dotted reporting line to the Senior Technical Advisor, Pharmacy & Supply Chain Management and regularly interacts with facility staff, Caritas Nigeria technical, program staff, and other members of the State Team.
- S/he will be responsible for supervising assigned Pharmacy & Supply Chain Management staff in the state office.
- The Responsibilities (Above) are not all-inclusive. The employee will also perform other related tasks as required and will be responsible for reporting and communicating progress and achievement of the specific assigned tasks.
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Qualified applicants must have:
- A primary Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy;
- Three (3) years, post NYSC, mandatory knowledge and experience in the design, implementation and management of pharmacy and supply chain management services in HIV/AIDS program.
- Experience and knowledge of ART Surge Response is a major requirement.
- Must be experienced in hospital pharmacy operations and inventory management operations.
- Experience of dealing with difficult and sensitive situations in a professional manner.
- Ability to work under pressure, efficiently handle multiple tasks, quickly find creative solutions to problems and challenges that arise, and manage stress and time in a fast-paced work and fluid operating environment.
- Ability to foster and maintain a spirit of unity, teamwork, cooperation, and learning.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Sensitivity in working with multiple cultures and beliefs, and to gender equity.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team.
Application Closing Date
6pm; 16th September, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Letter of Application with a recently updated CV as a single PDF file-format (as an attachment), and send to: 4GATES.CaritasNigRecruitment@ccfng.org using the Job Title and Location as subject of the email. E.g. “Technical Officer, Pharmacy & Supply Chain Management – Abia State”.
Click Here for More Information
- Application not received in the stated format will be disqualified.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.