Committed To Good (CTG) is an award-winning private sector company that enables humanitarian and development projects in conflict zones. As a people solutions business, we recruit, deploy and manage the right people with the right skills to implement projects in the world’s toughest regions.
Having worked in more than 25 fragile and conflict-affected countries, we pride ourselves on hiring 90% local employees, providing decent, dignified work and new opportunities in fragile communities. 90% of our turnover goes back into the local economy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Facilitator – SBC
Vacancy ID: VAC-8003
Locations: Borno, Kano, Oyo, Osun, Ondo, Delta, Rivers, Cross River, Enugu, Awka Ibom, Anambra, Kogi, Bayelsa, Niger & Adamawa
Employment Type: Contract
Duration: 3 months
Number of vacancies: 15
Start Date: 29-Aug-2022
Overview of position
- The National Primary Health Care Development Agency (NPHCDA) in collaboration with their partners will be implementing the Yellow Fever, Measles & Meningitis A mass vaccination activities in selected states.
- To create public awareness about these diseases & their prevention, increase demand & uptake of the vaccines during implementation, Our client is supporting the govt. of Nigeria through NPHCDA, to review, adapt & implement communication for development & social mobilization plans.
- It is against this background that Social & Behaviour Change (SBC) National Consultants are required to work with state teams to provide material & technical support to communication working groups in each implementing state, The consultants will therefore under the guidance of SBC Specialist in the field offices with technical supervision from SBC Specialist in Abuja focus on this support aiming at aligning our clients globally acceptable social mobilization & demand generation principles with the field offices initiatives.
- To provide support to the states through our client’s field office to SBC & demand generation initiatives for the Yellow Fever, Measles & Meningitis Supplemental Immunization Activities (SIAs), integrated with COVID-19 IPC (Infection Prevention & Control) & COVID-19 vaccine roll out communication activities & polio outbreak responses.
- Support the state communication & social mobilization teams to produce & implement an evidence based, integrated demand generation & social mobilization plan for the SIAs.
- Support implementation of multimedia campaigns initiated by our client, NPHCDA & state govt. teams as directed by the SBC Specialists & SBC Team Lead.
- Provide technical guidance in the design, review & dissemination of messages & materials & ensure they are culturally acceptable.
- Work with the ACSM (Advocacy, Communication & Social Mobilization) working group of the NPSIA to support the development of social media SIAs messaging.
- Facilitate capacity building of various stakeholders in the states on key SBC interventions for NPSIAs, integrated with COVID-19 vaccination communication interventions, while observing COVID-19 IPC.
- Provide technical assistance to the state communication / social mobilization technical working groups on routine immunization & COVID-19 vaccination interventions.
- Facilitate community engagement & mobilization activities for SIAs & COVID-19 vaccination activities organized by the state & LGA teams.
- Provide updates to NPSIA committee, our client field & Abuja offices by completing daily & weekly updates through the field offices & providing any other updates on request.
- Attend communication / social mobilization meetings & workshops as directed by supervisors, NPSIA committee & as required by the state teams.
- Monitor & track media mentions of NPSIA activities in the country.
- Ensure all interventions & implementation of strategies are in line with COVID-19 IPC guidelines.
- Ensure NPSIA & COVID-19 vaccination messages are integrated into the multimedia campaigns for SIAs.
- Inception report & a monthly work plan at the beginning of each month, specifying the communication activities, community engagement & mobilization activities to be completed each month in support of NPSIA / routine immunization/ COVID19.
- Monthly report with photographs at the end of each month, specifying the social mobilization activities & technical assistance provided to the state.
- Revised IEC materials (banners, messages, jingles).
- Weekly ACSM tracking feedback to the state ACSM team & the supervisor.
- Timely & immediate alerts to the supervisor & the state on emergencies, outbreaks, changes of the implementation plan, misinformation & rumors & any force majeure that may impact the program.
- Mid & end term assignment reports.
- Qualification: Bachelor’s in a relevant discipline (essential).
- Sector Experience: Minimum of 5 years of demonstrable relevant Community Development experience (essential).
- Geographical Experience: Minimum of 5 year/s of experience in Africa (essential).
- Languages: Fluent in English (essential).
- Training in communication for development & implementation in communication for development, social mobilization & behavioural change.
- Training in inter disciplinary approach in program communication.
- Minimum 5 years relevant professional work experience in the planning & management of social development programs, including 2 years with practical experience in the adaptation & application of communication planning processes to specific programs.
- Experience in immunization will be an added advantage.
- Fluency in English & knowledge of a local language is an asset.
- This role has no team management responsibility.
Application Closing Date
22nd August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.