MÃ©decins Sans FrontiÃ¨res (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. Our actions are guided by medical ethics and the principles of neutrality and impartiality. A worldwide movement MSF was founded in Paris, France in 1971. Its principles are described in the organisation’s founding charter. It is a non-profit, self-governed organisation. Today, MSF is a worldwide movement of 24 associations, bound together as MSF International, based in Switzerland. Thousands of health professionals, logistical and administrative staff – most of whom are hired locally – work on programmes in some 70 countries worldwide. Humanitarian action MSF’s work is based on humanitarian principles. We are committed to bringing quality medical care to people caught in crisis, regardless of race, religion or political affiliation. MSF operates independently. We conduct our own evaluations on the ground to determine people’s needs. More than 90 per cent of our overall funding comes from millions of private sources, not governments. MSF is neutral. We do not take sides in armed conflicts, we provide care on the basis of need, and we push for independent access to victims of conflict as required under international humanitarian law. Bearing witness and speaking out MSF medical teams often witness violence and neglect in the course of their work, largely in regions that receive scant international attention. At times, MSF may speak out publicly in an effort to bring a forgotten crisis to public attention, to alert the public to abuses occurring beyond the headlines, to criticise the inadequacies of the aid system, or to challenge the diversion of humanitarian aid for political interests. Quality medical care MSF rejects the idea that poor people deserve third-rate medical care and strives to provide high-quality care to patients. In 1999, when MSF was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, the organisation announced the money would go towards raising awareness of and fighting against neglected diseases. Through the Access Campaign, and in partnership with the Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative, this work has helped lower the price of HIV/AIDS treatment and stimulated research and development for medicines to treat malaria and neglected diseases like sleeping sickness and kala azar.
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 years
- Location Katsina
- Performing autonomously, specific complex / advanced installation, maintenance works and repairs depending on technician’s specialization (requiring special/qualifications/training), according to supervisor’s instructions and MSF standards and procedures, in order to ensure a proper functioning and maintenance of MSF equipment, installations and infrastructures
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing autonomously, all necessary complex / advanced installations, maintenance and repairs (i.e. requiring special qualifications/training), according to the supervisor’s instructions and executes any needed tests after any repair or maintenance. Including the following functions: Quality and Standard Electrical Works.
- Making suggestions regarding any repair or maintenance work needed in MSF electrical installations, equipment and assisting logistics department for any relative work needed.
- Managing the stock of consumable items, filling in the stock cards, carrying out physical stock inventories, executing orders necessary for renewing stock, avoiding any shortage.
- Responsible for the equipment and tools, including extinguishers, checking they are correctly and safely used, maintaining and renewing them when necessary and keeping the inventory updated.
- Keeping working area clean and tidy.
- Ensuring that all record sheets and books related to logistical maintenance are always completed. Preparing needed reports before and after any repair or required maintenance.
- Immediately informing the line manager of any problems that arise in the course of the work, particularly with regard to damage, loss, theft or attempted break-ins
- Working in collaboration with other specialized technicians and workers, if necessary, or managing a small team of workers.
- Ensuring all electrical installations in MSF facilities comply with MSF standards and performing autonomously and ensuring, all necessary complex / advanced electrical installations, maintenance and repairs, according to the supervisor’s instructions. This includes the following tasks :
- Carrying out critical rehabilitation tasks and corrective maintenance interventions and the coordination and execution of required tasks as well as installation of needed electrical equipment as defined by each project. Elaborating the necessary documentation for carrying out energy installations projects (plans, list of materials, etc.)
- Carryingout and updating the electrical installations inventory in MSF missions’ facilities and performing annual maintenance procedures and safety checks across facilities in the project. Executing any needed tests after any repair or maintenance.
- Technical Diploma or University Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering. is essential.
- Proficient user of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) is essential.
- Practical/hands-on experience in electrical designs, electrical wiring, electrical installation is essential (minimum 2 years’ experience).
- Essential at least two years of previous working experience. Desirable in MSF or other NGOs
- English: Oral and Written Essential
- Local Languages Desirable
Competences / Skills:
- Results and Quality Orientation L1
- Teamwork and CooperationL1
- Commitment to MSF Principles L1
- Service Orientation L1
- Stress Management L2.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
The candidates should send a Hard Copy of their applications to:
MSF Katsina Office,
Plot No. 1 Block ‘’J’’ KPL 201,
New Government House,
The application must include:
- Complete CV with Cover letter and copies of all certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV
- Applicant Contact details and ID, and contact of references mentioned in the application.
- Please make sure to submit your application on or before this date.
- Only successful applicants will be called for next steps and are obligated to disclose any information about family member (s) currently in the employ of MSF-France in any location.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the MSF recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring a candidate having benefitted from any such acts. All illicit demands may be pursued through the judicial system.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages any Nigerian citizen to apply irrespective of race, gender, religion, creed, political affiliation.