Malaria Consortium is recruiting for a Senior Capacity Strengthening Specialist to join our team in one of Malaria Consortium’s country offices, including the UK, Nigeria, Uganda and Mozambique.
The Senior Capacity Development Specialist will lead the design, implementation and evaluation of MC’s technical training and performance management strategies, tools, programme activities and evaluations. The postholder will lead the technical capacity strengthening strategy and processes for the organization. The postholder will lead needs assessments, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of training curricula for technical programmes. Spearhead capacity and institutional strengthening initiatives relating to technical programmes and research to improve health services in countries where MC works. The postholder will contribute to writing technical capacity strengthening components of proposals and other business development activities.
Career category: Advocacy/Communications
Years of experience: 5-9 yea
The successful candidate will have:
- Health professional with a post graduate degree in adult learning, curriculum design, or health education.
- Experience of health systems analysis and capacity strengthening interventions for health systems, including analysis and contribution to national policy.
- Substantial experience and evidence of designing and developing curricula and training tools for health workers and community health workers including proficiency in adult learning techniques and approaches.
- Demonstrable experience in training of health staff at all levels of the health system, community to national.
- Strong technical and or clinical experience.
This is a fixed term contract, initially for a three year period however this may be extended.
To apply for this position you will need to have the right to work in the country you are applying for the role. Malaria Consortium is not able to sponsor a visa. The post holder will receive the national salary and benefits of the country they will be working in.
We will be reviewing and shortlisting applications on an ongoing basis, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible, as we may close the advert sooner than the date advertised.
How to apply
To apply, please visit our website and view the full job description: