We are an indigenous non-profit and non-governmental organization with Head Office in Abuja and field offices in several locations across Nigeria. We are in the business of saving lives, making life more meaningful and productive for all Nigerians and especially for people living with; and affected by HIV. It is an organization built on strong core values, we believe strongly in commitment, innovation, inspiring leadership, and partnerships.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Laboratory Services Associate – Service Delivery & Quality
Job Code: LBS0014
Location: Ikeja- Ifako, Lagos
Grant Duration: Subject to availability of funds and exceptional grant performance
Do You Have What it Takes to Join Us?
- We are in search of innovative, creative, and self-motivated talents with outstanding skills and proven track records in the advertised position.
- A reliable individual who is committed, audacious, accountable, and passionate (females and HIV community members are strongly encouraged to apply) with strong core values to work with our highly experienced team at our Head and state offices in the following capacities:
- A reliable executor who is flexible and can hit the ground running in aiding the organization achieve its goals as it aligns with saving lives, making life more meaningful and productive for all Nigerians and especially for the most vulnerable. If this typifies you, kindly read on.
- The personnel will assist the Senior Laboratory Services Officer in designing, planning and implementation of quality laboratory services and any laboratory related activities; supervising all Associates/Short-term hire under the command and coordinate all laboratory day-to-day activities.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Support oversight on the functionality and optimization of all Clinical laboratory services as well as laboratory related activities across healthcare facilities and communities.
- Assist in the design, implementation and monitoring system to assure an efficient documentation of lab documents and records.
- Ensure sample collection, sample processing and management, storage, and referral and timely result return are in line with the laboratory quality assurance and program and 3rd ’95 (for VL)
- Track result return for VL, EID, HPV, and HIV-DRT samples and TAT
- Ensure DBS samples for Infant Virologic Testing (IVT) are prioritized, and result returned tracked.
- The job holder will support the implementation of Laboratory Continuous Quality Improvement (QMS and TB CLICQI) and the deployment and institution of appropriate corrective and preventive action respectively.
- S/he will be responsible for implementation of HIV Rapid Test Continuous Quality Improvement (RTCQI) and Recency lab program across all supported testing sites (facilities and communities).
- Responsible for the implementation of COVID-19 Bidirectional testing for HIV testing services and COVID-19 testing services.
- Monitor the existing system for Sample Referral Network across varying levels of healthcare and geographical locations.
- S/he will monitor the system for optimal functionality and linkage of the Laboratory Information System (CMM, LIMS-NMRS exchange, consumable tracking).
- Review laboratory/lab-related program data and reporting on reportable on source documents and internal reporting channels/trackers.
- Implementation of Advanced HIV Disease (AHD) program – CD4 Testing (flowcytometric and LFA) TB LF-LAM testing and CrAg Testing
- Responsible for monitoring GeneXpert testing – Genexpert functionality tracking and testing optimization.
- Liaise for an effective and efficient coordination of Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) ensuring functionality of/meeting of Infection Control Committees (ICC), WHO IPCAF Assessment, biosafety/biosecurity quarterly audits
- Represent the Unit on all Laboratory related activities within the state MDTs, and serves as a technical resource person.
- Prepare progress reports of laboratory activities, lab program implementation and lab quality issues.
- Perform any other duties assigned.
Area Under Influence:
- Rapid Testing Continuous Quality Improvement (RTCQI), CD4 testing, Advance HIV Disease (AHD) Diagnostic Monitoring, GeneXpert testing optimization, Infection Prevention & Control, Biosafety and Biosecurity, monitor laboratory, equipment, and ancillary equipment functionality.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in Medical Laboratory Science.
- A valid certificate to practice as Medical Laboratory Scientist mandatory.
- 4 years post NYSC experience in implementing public health programs preferably in the NGO context.
- Experience in a molecular laboratory will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of laboratory services in HIV/AIDS program an asset.
- Familiarity with standards and federal/state regulations affecting the laboratory and laboratory practices.
Application Closing Date
24th March, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Submit their current CV and Suitability Statement not more than 200 words indicating Position and Location in Microsoft Word format by email to: [email protected] The subject of the email should be the JOB TITLE, LOCATION AND APPLICANT FULL NAME e.g. Senior Laboratory Services Associate – Service Delivery & Quality – LBS0014 – Kogi – ADESUWA NWACHUKWU.
- it is important to apply via the link and the mail, as applications sent to ONLY the email address will be considered invalid.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Qualified Locals and residents of this location are encouraged to apply.
- Applications are reviewed in the order of arrival, and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if suitable applications are received.