General purpose of the position
Under the direct guidance of the HR Coordinator, role holder provides hands on support to all INTERSOS field bases, through ensuring the consistent implementation of HR standards, policies, procedures and processes. The role holder supports in the capacity building of field-based HR Assistants. S/he ensures induction, debriefs and all exit processes are done as per INTERSOS Nigeria procedures. S/he ensures the timely production of HR reports from the field including attendance, payroll input, turnover, leave tracker and nominal rolls.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
- Leads field level HR processes such as nominal roll and leave tracker updating, induction and exit formalities implementation, maintaining HR calendar, timely renewal of staff contracts, probation confirmation and other procedures.
- Prepares and maintain all personnel records (leave records, performance reviews reports, promotions, transfers, maintain all confidential documents pertaining to personnel and HR matters) and related monthly HR Information systems (Leave Status reports, Quarterly employee turnover report, Update employee database)
- Assists the Head of Field Offices and Project Managers and other recruiting managers in recruitment process e,g interview call letters, and coordination of interviews, evaluate and document processes and costs of recruitments
- Ensures that systematic local processes for recruitment and selection is in place. This would include, appropriate child safeguarding measures, transparent and systematic processes, fair treatment of candidates
- Supports the Human Resources Coordinator and HR Manager in conducting compensation reviews, computing cost of Living Allowance, formulating and implementing employee benefit schemes and review periodically to bring in best practices
- Provides the required HR Information to budget holders to assist budget holders in the preparation of annual HR budgets for salaries and benefits
- Prepare monthly HR update and submit to the Head of Field Offices, the Human Resources Manager for feedback and circulate for the audiences as agreed
- Works with and supports the Human Resources Manager in ensuring the maintenance of updated information on staff salaries, allowances and income-tax calculations and ensuring compliance with current laws and regulations
- Supports the Human Resources Manager and Head of Field Managers in the induction for all new field staff and support line managers to carry out induction sessions
- Ensures compliance with appropriate health and safety standards; audit requirements
- Ensures that field staff are familiar with all relevant INTERSOS Nigeria policies and procedures with respect to, Safeguarding Policy, Whistle blowing Policy, Fraud and Dishonesty policy, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies. Ensure that all staff sign the disclaimer form for receiving, reading, complying the relevant policies and this form is attached in their personal files
- Ensures that all staff have a personnel file containing as a minimum, application form/CV; appointment letter; contract of employment; Records of sickness/holiday leave, next of kin/emergency contact details; reference(s)/reference records; any statutory personal details that an employer is legally obliged to hold (i.e. social security number, tax info etc)
- Ensures that all employee data (paper and/or electronic) is kept securely with clearly defined access levels and an up to date list of all current staff is available
- Works closely with Project teams in formulating organization level staff development initiatives so that INTERSOS Nigeria has staff with the necessary skills and competencies.
- Performs additional HR related tasks as assigned by the HR Coordinator.
- BS/BA degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences or equivalent
- 3 – 5 years of relevant experience in a INGO setting is mandatory
- A higher degree or professional qualification in HR is an advantage.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and computer (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) skills are required
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required,
- Experience using HR software is an advantage.
- Work within the framework of IINTERSOS Nigeria’s core values.
- Act as an ambassador for INTERSOS Nigeria, through professionalism and conduct.
- Adhere to all INTERSOS policies and procedures both technical and administrational.
- Undertake and apply learning from appropriate training and development programmes.
- Maintain and care for all equipment issued by INTERSOS Nigeria and for any losses or damages due to negligence you will be liable for repair or replacement.
How to apply
Interested candidates should complete this form and attach CV with the following format “Surname Position you applied for”. ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted. Application deadline: apply no later than 14th October 2021 at 4:00 PM.
INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment.