Center for Civilians in Conflict (CIVIC) Center is an international nonprofit with offices around the world working to improve protection for civilians caught in conflict zones. Our mission is to work with armed actors and civilians in conflict to develop and implement solutions to prevent, mitigate, and respond civilian harm. We are advocates who believe that no civilian caught in conflict should be ignored, and advisors who provide practical solutions to preventing and responding to civilian harm.
Applications are invited from qualified and registered Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) for:
Title: Request for Proposal to Provide Coporate Health Insurance Services as a Health Maintenance Organization (HMO)
Locations: Abuja, Plateau, Kaduna, Yobe, Rivers, Nasarawa, Lagos, Imo, Enugu, Delta, Borno, Benue, Akwa-Ibom, Adamawa
Slot: 70 (5 per State)
Duration of Contract: The Contract period shall be from October 2022 to September 2024 subject to good performance in the first year of engagement.
Objective of the Assignment
- CIVIC Nigeria seeks to employ the services of eligible and reputable Health Management Organizations to submit proposals for Health Insurance Services to all staff members in Nigeria.
- The main purpose of the service is to provide high quality, client focused and cost-effective healthcare services to all CIVIC Nigeria employees 24hours 7 days of the week.
- The selected organization is expected to always ensure easy access to healthcare across all states in Nigeria.
- The organization is expected to act with high degree of integrity, responsibility and be knowledgeable as well as compliant with National Health Insurance Act/Laws.
- To provide corporate Health insurance services in the areas of routine care, neo-natal care, emergency, medical assistance, chronic condition treatment, healthy living consulting, pharmaceutical assistance, gym, and health awareness services to CIVIC Nigeria staff.
- Your company must be a registered HMO organization with the requisite experience and track records for provision of Health Care/Insurance.
The documents below must be made available in a sealed envelope labelled as “Technical bid”:
- Evidence of company’s incorporation with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) / Form 07
- Evidence of three years (2011 – 2013) Tax Clearance Certificate
- Evidence of a Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- Evidence of corporate office address, phone numbers, email address;
- Evidence of financial capability and banker’s Reference letter;
- Detailed list of nationwide hospital providers in all 36 states of the federation and particularly the states listed in the RFP as ‘List of Locations where CIVIC requires medical services.
- Reference Company, Description of Type of Work Performed for Reference Company, Name of Contact Person at Reference Company ,Telephone # / Email
- In addition, provide documents certifying relationship with vendors in the below categories in our states of operation.
- Company Profile with in-country staff strength and registration with relevant Government Regulatory and professional bodies; proof of attendance to any of the any HMO local and International conferences and workshop and will enable the vendor to attract maximum points
- Evidence of having functional Branches/presence in at least 30 States in the Country including the FCT (Please state verifiable addresses and contact persons)
- Evidence of existing contracts with at least 3 International Organizations and 2 Non-governmental Organizations (All the organizations must have at least 50 staff strength)
- Evidence of affiliation/registration with at least 5 Prime/Teaching Hospital; 7 Secondary Health Facilities and 10 Specialist Clinics/Hospitals across the 30 States
- Evidence of recent (2016 – 2018) annual Returns and current audited accounts of your firm for the past three years (2016 – 2018)
- Proof of past performance with at least reference letters from three clients
Financial Bid / Price Quotes:
- All bidders are expected to submit all their Health Care Plans in a Tabular format using Spreadsheets with the detailed services available for each plan and the cadre of Hospitals available for it with the unit cost per staff (Additionally, soft copies should be included in the submission on a flash drive).
- Note that the hard copy of the financial bid will have to accompany your submission to ensure committee members endorse their signatures on it after bid opening.
- At the minimum, the following services (including any limitations on duration and number of uses) shall be provided:
- Outpatient and Specialist Consultation
- X-Rays, Laboratory & Diagnostic Tests
- Radiological Investigations on upper limb, lower limb, thorax, vertebrae, abdomen, skull series & ultrasound scan & other investigations
- Accidents & Emergencies
- Routine Immunizations
- Minor Surgeries & Procedures
- Intermediate Surgeries & Procedures
- Ante-Natal Care + Delivery
- Neonatal Care
- Primary Dental Care(fillings, non-surgical extractions, preventive care)
- Immunization 0 – 5 years
- Eye exam and Eye Glasses (or Contact Lenses)
- HIV/AIDS Care & Treatment including testing and counseling
- Additional Immunizations for 0-5 years (Hepatitis B, HiB, MMR, Pneumococcal, typhoid)
- Dental Surgical Extraction, ENT
- Major & Complex Surgeries & Procedures
- Intensive Care Services
- Evacuation (Hospital to Hospital & Road Side to Hospital)
- Cancer Care: Oncology Tests, Drugs + Chemotherapy & Radiotherapy
- Annual Health Checks.
- Effective customer care services:
- Good refund policy regarding out-of-pocket expenditure
- Refund for non-use of service
- Added customer satisfaction benefits
- All other service provided by the HMO should be listed too
- The vendor is also to provide premium terms per enrollee i.e., staff to include spouse and children (specify number in proposal if there is a maximum), if married (family plan) and premium plan per enrollee (individual plan)
- Vendor proposals shall remain valid for one year from the deadline for receipt of quotations.
- Additionally, for the successful bidder(s), the bids/quotes submitted shall also remain valid and not subject to review for a two-year period from the date of contract signing by the selected Health Maintenance Organization (HMO).
List of Locations where CIVIC requires medical services:
|Abuja||Federal Hospital State Hospital Diagnostic Lab 2 viable private hospitals Gym center|
|Adamawa||Federal Hospital State Hospital Diagnostic Lab 2 viable private hospitals Gym center|
|Akwa-Ibom||Federal Hospital State Hospital Diagnostic Lab 2 viable private hospitals Gym center|
|Benue||Federal Hospital State Hospital Diagnostic Lab 2 viable private hospitals Gym center|
|Borno||Federal Hospital State Hospital Diagnostic Lab 2 viable private hospitals Gym center|
|Delta||Federal Hospital State Hospital Diagnostic Lab 2 viable private hospitals Gym center|
|Enugu||Federal Hospital State Hospital Diagnostic Lab 2 viable private hospitals Gym center|
|Imo||Federal Hospital State Hospital Diagnostic Lab 2 viable private hospitals Gym center|
|Lagos||Federal Hospital State Hospital Diagnostic Lab 2 viable private hospitals Gym center|
|Nasarawa||Federal Hospital State Hospital Diagnostic Lab 2 viable private hospitals Gym center|
|Rivers||Federal Hospital State Hospital Diagnostic Lab 2 viable private hospitals Gym center|
|Yobe||Federal Hospital State Hospital Diagnostic Lab 2 viable private hospitals Gym center|
|Kaduna||Federal Hospital State Hospital Diagnostic Lab 2 viable private hospitals Gym center|
|Plateau||Federal Hospital State Hospital Diagnostic Lab 2 viable private hospitals Gym center|
Application Closing Date
Friday, 15th July, 2022 (5pm).
Submission of Proposals
Interested and qualified Offerors should submit hard copies of their Proposals (Financial and Technical Bids in a sealed envelope marked on the top right side with “CIVIC_HMO_SERVICES_TENDER_2022”) by courier to:
The Tender Committee,
PLOT 959, David Ejoor Crescent,
Flat F1 Emerald Court, Gudu,
Apo, Abuja F.C.T.
Proposals may be submitted by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly referencing the RFP Title as the subject of the mail.
- Hard copies must be sent in for any emailed submissions before the deadline. (Hard copies are mandatory). The hard copies of the financial and technical bids should be sealed in an envelope marked on the top right side with “CIVIC_HMO_SERVICES_TENDER_2022”
- E-mail submissions must be sent to: email@example.com
- For all the proposals meeting technical requirements, the lowest evaluated most responsive proposal shall be selected after the financial bid analysis. Therefore, vendors should ensure that all their line unit costs are competitive. This will consider price, comprehensiveness of services, quality of services, availability of services, location, and types of facilities available, hours of service, responsiveness, 24-hour help line, dedicated account manager and explicit coverage of all pre-existing conditions.
- For all the proposals meeting technical requirements, the lowest financial compliant proposal shall be selected after the financial bid analysis.
- This request for proposals solicitation will be advertised in numerous print and electronic media and hence, will be very competitive.
- The successful bidder(s) shall be notified in writing and will be invited for a presentation and to sign a contract with CIVIC Nigeria.
- CIVIC Nigeria is neither committed nor obliged to include any company and/or associated companies, agents, or contractor on any bid list.
- Be aware that this invitation to express interest does not guarantee that you will be requested to submit all other subsequent offers to CIVIC Nigeria; it does not constitute any form of agreement or contract between our organizations.
- CIVIC Nigeria shall not be responsible for any cost incurred in responding to this invitation.
- This request for expression of interest shall not be construed as a commitment by CIVIC Nigeria, nor shall it entitle respondents to claim any indemnity from CIVIC Nigeria by virtue of having responded to this advertisement.
- This invitation is for you to express your interest in the provision of health insurance services and does not warrant further feedback from CIVIC Nigeria hereafter.
- On the account that bid documents are submitted in any location other than the address given makes the submission invalid.
- Multiple bidding will not be acceptable.
- Only the financial bids of shortlisted firms that meet the technical evaluation criteria in accordance with CIVIC Nigeria pre-qualification procedure will be contacted.
- CIVIC shall conduct a due diligence process at business premises of successful vendor before final award is given.
- For further enquiries, please direct to: firstname.lastname@example.org