The OPEC Fund for International Development is a multilateral development finance institution established in 1976. Our 12 Member Countries are: Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Database Management Analyst
- The incumbent manages the department’s project portfolio database, contributes to the application of state-of-the-art database technology to collect, organize, analyse and present data, as well as the preparation of regular and ad-hoc reports, in accordance with the departmental strategy and (database) framework, in order to realize optimal data management and provision that enables others to execute their responsibilities in an efficient and effective manner. The incumbent also supports the department’s activities with internal stakeholders with a view to assist PSTFOD achieving its work plan, deliverables, targets and KPIs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Interfaces with (Senior) Investment Managers to monitor the progress of portfolio project data for effective management, organization and reporting.
- Designs and develops the database structure and prepares the technical guidelines and procedures for departmental staff for easy, effective and efficient usage.
- Designs and develops the reporting format (regular and ad-hoc), focusing on models compatible with the department’s needs.
- Works closely with the Information Technology Unit to ensure the use of up-to-date technology for database management.
- Organizes and maintains the database, performs analyses, and prepares reports on a regular or ad-hoc basis.
- Identifies problems, makes recommendations and takes action to resolve difficulties in managing the database.
- Updates the database management strategy to facilitate preparation of the department’s annual work plan and budget, and to monitor the monetary turnover of projects.
- Proactively tests and manages expectations of (Senior) Investment Managers on the design, set-up and outcome of the database.
- Support the preparation of departmental/unit presentations, the departmental data analysis needs, and preparation of departmental/unit budgets.
- Monitor and keep track of PSTFOD annual targets, KPIs, deliverables and other assigned tasks and report regularly on their progress to ADG-PSTFOD.
- Prepare departmental reports as required.
- Support the collection and preparation of promotional material for internal and external publication.
- Act as the department’s focal point for issues related to compliance, development effectiveness, etc.
- Follow-up on intra and inter-departmental deliverables.
- Work closely with the department and Information Technology Unit to ensure enhancements are delivered on the agreed timelines as required.
- In coordination with Communications Department, prepare weekly updates on media coverage of the Portfolio.
- In coordination with PSTFOD Investment Managers ensure data accuracy of PSTFOD operations in the OPEC Fund IT systems.
- Carry out other tasks that are related to the job function assigned by ADG PSTFOD.
- The incumbent is expected to ensure all tasks assigned are completed within the specified time frames to a high quality and in line with the policies, procedures and objectives of the Fund.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s or equivalent Degree with specialization in Economics, Commerce or Finance or other relevant disciplines;
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience preferably in development finance organisation or a banking institution
- Fluent in English. A good working knowledge of German language is an added advantage.
- Possesses strong analytical thinking, good planning and organizational skills.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and Power Point as well as able to utilize graphics and tables to effectively and creatively present data.
- Ability to write in a logical, comprehensive and concise manner.
- Highly motivated, proactive, creative, possesses problem solving skills, and driven.
- Good attention to detail and ability to prioritize and multitask effectively.
- Keen interest in development finance.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
- Ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online