Concerned Youths for Development Initiative (CYDI) is a reputable Community Based Organization (CBO) that is programming for HIV/AIDS Intervention and other related infections, as well as Drugs Harm reduction among People Who Use Drugs in Nigeria. Since 2014, the organization has started operating in the country as an entity, and is now covering four states in Nigeria including Benue, Plateau, Ondo and Ekiti states on HIV/AIDS program in partnership with various IPs such asHAI-N, APIN Public Health Initiative, Society for Family Health (SFH), and ECWES.
We are recruiting to fill the position below on a contract basis in Plateau state:
Job Title: Program Officer – Prevention
Location: Jos, Plateau
Employment Type: Contract
- Responsible for the design and implementation of the HIV prevention services (including HTS among KPs and partner Notification Services – SNS) in supported communities.
- Provide technical support and oversight to ensure excellent KP and HIV Testing Services delivery in supported communities in line with program directives.
- Ensure that the implementation of HIV Prevention activities is in line with the project’s implementation plan and meets the donor needs.
- Supports the process of development, review and deployment of HIV prevention documents, guidelines and training curricula, including HIV Testing Services/Partner notification Services and KP testing service tailored towards training curriculum and service delivery guidelines
- Responsible for the implementation of minimum prevention package intervention (MPPI) for Key Population.
- Works to strengthen quality assured counseling and testing services across all the HTS models – facility based, mobile and strategic community outreaches targeting key and vulnerable populations.
- Works with the state MOH for qualitative HIV prevention service delivery in line with the national and program guidelines for key populations including adolescents and young people
- Represents and makes appropriate presentations to management team, stakeholders at various fora on prevention program achievements and deliverables.
- Supports advocacy, demand creation, and mobilizes policy/guidelines support across facilities as required by program activities and actively participates in technical working group meetings at different levels.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Basic Medical Sciences, Humanities or Arts and a Master Degree in Health (MPH, M.Sc.) or equivalent degree in Humanities and a minimum of 3 years experience progressive work in the implementation of comprehensive prevention projects in donor funded programs.
- Skills in management of blood safety, injection safety and key population programs and service delivery.
Application Closing Date
15th February, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV in an MS Word attachment to:[email protected] using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email. eg: “Finance Officer – Jos”.
- Only electronically submitted CVs will be regarded.
- CYDI offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from male and females, and candidates from any part of the country are encouraged to apply.
- However, applications will be reviewed on rolling basis as received. While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.
- CYDI is committed to preventing any form of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in line with our Human Resource policies.