Medecins Sans Frontieres is a private, not-for-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in distress, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacy Supervisor
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Ensuring general functioning of the pharmacy and supervising pharmacy supply chain processes in accordance with MSF standards, protocols and procedures, in order to ensure its efficiency and operating availability.
- Ensuring storage, stock management and supply processes, as well as hygiene and security procedures, tools, and protocols (controlling pests and rodents), implementing appropriate quality controls and records, in order to ensure good storage conditions (temperatures, humidity and light exposure) and availability of drugs and medical material, according to MSF protocols, national regulations and in cooperation with the logistics department.
- Coordinating the delivery, reception and recording of international and local orders, in close coordination with the logistics department, updating stock files and informing line managers on their status (shortfalls, over-stocking, expiry dates), in order to permanently ensure security stock levels and ensure efficient management of stock.
- Supervising orders of medical and drug material in order to ensure an efficient and appropriate consumption pattern under budget constraints.
- Supervising the supply of drugs to patients, according to medical prescriptions, informing them on consumption patterns and keeping conditions in order to ensure their therapeutic progression
- Ensuring efficient supply to other pharmacies managed/supported by MSF according to orders and stocks, and using cold chain when needed. Monitoring and analysing orders of depending pharmacies in order to avoid ruptures of stock or having expired drugs.
- Supervising, with the HR department, the associated processes (sizing, staff shifts, recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal/external communication) of the pharmaceutical team and the nursing staff, in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required and to improve their dispensing capabilities.
- Recording all items received and issued in computer (Isystock) and reporting on drug consumptions and medical equipment dispensed according to protocols, informing on unusual patterns as well as forecasting future needs, in order to rationalise the budget and to ensure availability.
- Assisting in training of nursing staff regarding dispensing of drugs and their side effects.
- Essential, Degree of Pharmacy (B.Pharm / Pharm.D) and must be a licensed Pharmacist.
- At least 2 years certified NGO work experience as a clinical pharmacist.
- Mission language and local language essential.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
- Results and Quality Orientation L2
- Teamwork and Cooperation L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2
- Stress Management L3.
Application Closing Date
27th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
- For all experience and Diplomas mentioned in the CV, the originals (work certificate, birth certificate, school certificate, ID card etc.) will be requested during the interview.
- All referees should be from your previous work place.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer and doesn’t discrimination on the basis of Gender, Religion, Race.