Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income-generating activities, and a wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: NTS / EORE Team Leader
Location: Michika, Adamawa
Contract Type: National Contract
Employment period: 6 months (potentially renewable)
Reporting to: NTS / CL Coordinator
Supervised by: NTS / CL Coordinator
Type of contract (Expat/ National/Trainee): National
- The DRC Nigeria is looking to recruit an experienced, highly- qualified and enthusiastic professional to join our great NTS – EORE team in Nigeria.
- The role includes Supervise and assure the application of the required procedures and technical skills in the implementation of the NTS and EORE activities. Provide timely reports including corrective measures to the NTS/CL Coordinator.
- This position is a technical one, requiring a consistent previous experience in a similar position. This position also requires solid knowledge in NTS – EORE and safeguarding. This position also requires a full professional proficiency in English language.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist NTS/CL Coordinator in the identification of areas for NTS processes through desk studies
- Assist the NTS/CL Coordinator in the planning of Community Liaison tasks
- Implement NTS processes in compliance with relevant SOPs and guidelines, including desk research, individual interviews, focus group discussions, key stakeholders’ interviews, and reporting
- Directly supervise and QA Community Liaison teams under his/her responsibility and ensure compliance with timelines, deadlines, and quality standards and SOPs
- Identify needs for training and capacity building of community Liaison teams and share with NTS/CL Coordinator
- Understand and follow all safety SOPs in Nigeria and communicate any change on the security situation to the NTS/CL Coordinator and Safety team
- Establish and maintain working relations with local, Ward and LGA authorities and with communities of intervention
- Establish working relations and regular Communications with security stakeholders (police, military, civil defence, vigilantes) in the areas of operations
- Ensure and maintain the equipment in good condition and report any damage to the NTS/CL Coordinator
- All other responsibilities included into the approved NTS/EORE SOPs.
- University Degree in Social Science or Tertiary Education in any other relevant field will be a recommendation.
- Knowledge and experience working with relevant sectorial areas implemented by DRC Nigeria programmes – including protection, food security, WASH, shelter, NFIs, mine action, mine risk education, and armed violence reduction
- Experience and willingness to work in the field in volatile and insecure areas;
- Experience living and working in a cross-cultural, multi-sector, team environment
- Ability to work well under pressure and in adverse conditions;
- Demonstrated commitment and strict adherence to confidentiality
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal);
- Proficiency in common computer packages i.e. Word, Excel, Power point etc
- Certificate/Accreditation of participation in a Non-Technical Survey Training by recognized INGO.
- Certificate/Accreditation of participation in a Mine Risk Education (or similar) Training by recognized INGO.
- Knowledge of local communities; actual inhabitants of these areas are preferred
- Ability to manage and analyse sensitive and confidential information
- Previous experience in conducting interviews and surveys
- At Least 3 years of proven previous experience in risk education
- Basic knowledge in IM/GIS
- Abilities using new technologies and APPs to gather information
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent communicational skills
- Excellent ability to work in team
- At least 3 years of proven previous experience as NTS/EORE Team Leader.
- Excellent communication is an asset.
- Excellent Computer skills.
- Fluency in Hausa and Higgi.
Salary and Benefits
- NManagement G- SB2B level 1
Application Closing Date
27th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Process and Notice
- All applicants must send a Cover Letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English.
- DRC provides equal opportunity in employment and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
- DRC encourages all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the specified closing date will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, DRC has the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.