RTI International is one of the world’s leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 3,700 provides research and technical services to governments and businesses in more than 75 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory testing and chemical analysis.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience: 10 years
- Location: Abuja
- Job Field: NGO/Non-Profit , Project Management
- The MERLA Director will oversee all MEL components of the activity, including the design and implementation of the Activity MEL Plan and corresponding information system to track delivery against targets.
- The position will promote learning and knowledge sharing of best practices, and dissemination of lessons learned and project outcomes as part of its collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) approach.
- The MERLA Director will also mentor and support all the technical staff in MEL functions and data-driven decision-making and will manage any MEL-related program staff.
- This position will report to the Chief of Party (COP) and be based in Abuja, with travel to state-level implementation areas.
- Serves as a member of the leadership team, setting a positive and professional tone for the team, collaborating closely with the other team leaders.
- Develop, monitor, and ensure successful implementation of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan (AMELP) by overseeing project results, data management, reporting on indicators, capturing evidence and learning, and supporting evidenced-based decision-making.
- Work closely with technical team members to gather and share necessary data for M&E reporting needs and CLA activities.
- Oversee MEL technical assistance to subcontractors, FMOH, and local partners.
- Prepare quarterly report summarizing performance against the indicator list and performance standards of the Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan.
- Review data and reporting to analyze progress toward targets and determine corrective action needed to improve goal achievement.
- Outline specific learning questions and activities and work closely with the staff to generate, validate, and present data in user-friendly format.
- Facilitate constructive and collaborative dialogue during regular MEL project reviews and biweekly team meetings.
- Support the Senior Management team to lead quarterly “pause and reflect” performance review processes with Workstream Leads.
- Represent the project in professional circles through meetings, conferences, and presentations and assist with dissemination of project results and learning.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field, such as public health, epidemiology, mathematics, economics, statistics, or social sciences.
- At least 10 years of experience in managing and/or leading MEL activities for large-scale health service delivery or health system strengthening (HSS) programs in Sub-Saharan Africa, with at least three of those years working in Nigeria as a senior advisor or staff member.
- Knowledge of and experience with key MNCAH, FP/RH, nutrition, water and sanitation hygiene (WASH), and/or HIV/AIDS indicators and GON and USG data collection systems (e.g. DHIS2).
- Strong analytical skills to successfully use data and evidence to guide program adaptations.
- Demonstrated experience in setting up and managing MEL systems that track performance as per the objectives of IHP.
- Familiarity with CLA approaches. Excellent ability to articulate oral and written technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences. Data visualization skills a plus.
- Experience supervising MEL staff at different levels across different offices.
- Proven ability to work independently and multi-task in high-pressure settings.
- Ability to travel and work in any of the anticipated priority states.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and writing skills.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Verbal and written English proficiency is required.
- Experience working on USG-funded health programming in Nigeria.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to RTI International on globalcareers-rtiinc.icims.com to apply