Crest Research and Development Institute (CRADI) is an independent, non-profit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition through evidence-based research and developmental aid. The Institute uses a multidisciplinary, community-friendly, and ethic-driven approach to support independent, high-quality research with an impact on business development, the public sector and civil society. CRADI partners with appropriate research, technology, development, communications, and governance institutions. Team members include people drawn from the academia, civil society, public and private sectors, as well as practitioners in various fields of endeavor who are concerned about the socio-political and economic problems of Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) Assistant
- We are seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) Assistant who will support the development of research documents including research proposals, inception reports, and evaluation reports and supervise field teams in data collection and the coordination of regional working group coordination meetings.
- He/she will also support the training of data collectors on research methodologies and create and implement data collection tools, surveys and guides to ensure accurate and compliant data collection.
- The position will be based in the head program office, located in Jos, Plateau State with frequent travel across project locations in Nigeria.
- The position will report to the director of research and development through the Admin Associate.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Monitoring & Evaluation Role:
- Support and conduct data collection and database maintenance/management systems to track project progress towards set goals and objectives
- Carryout routine data entry and preliminary analysis of field data.
- Assist in the adaptation of existing CRADI monitoring tools and train project teams on the use of the same.
- Provide technical support to projects with data management and development tools and processes.
- Support Project teams to develop monthly reports, with strong emphasis on highlighting results of intervention.
- Support development of and deployment of research tools.
- Support development of research documents including research proposals, inception reports and evaluation reports.
- Support and supervise field teams in data collection.
- Support training of data collectors on research methodologies.
- Create and implement data collection tools, surveys and guides to ensure accurate and compliant data collection.
- Provide relevant program, administrative and logistics support for projects.
- Ensure institutional learning through maintenance of program files (digital and hard copies) in a user-friendly manner.
- Work with the project team to periodically review project performance data and integrate recommendations to ensure adaptive management.
Business Development Role:
- Support in the research and identifying of research opportunities and development trends, prospects and growth opportunities.
- Support in the provision of data for new development opportunities.
- Conducting desk-based needs assessment to inform new proposal development.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates should possess a BA / B.Sc. / HND in Business Administration or another related field.
- Must have 1 year experience in a similar role preferably in a research or development organization.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- The MERL associate will supervise the MERL Assistant
- English (Fluency in Hausa, Igbo or Yoruba which is widely spoken across Nigeria would be an added advantage)
- Must be willing and able to travel to local and difficult terrains across Nigeria and Beyond.
Application Closing Date
30th May, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: