Action Against Hunger (Action Contre la Faim – ACF) began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the Nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and in Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe and 3 in Jigawa.
The mission has over 600 staff including over 40 international employees. There are three base offices: Damaturu, Maiduguri and Dutse and four sub-bases including Monguno, Potiskum, Bade and Damasak.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Maternal and Child Health Officer
Location: Potiskum, Yobe
Direct Line Manager: Sector Manager-Nutrition and Health
Job Type: Full Time
- Action Against Hunger Nigeria Mission is recruiting for a Maternal and Child Health (MCH) Officer who will be responsible for the implementation of Maternal and Child Health activities throughout the Health Resilience of North East Nigeria (HeRoN) Project (Nutrition, Health and WASH in the health facilities) component of the project.
- Provide onsite and offsite training for health care providers to ensure the quality of care at the health facilities;
- Ensure health facilities have necessary guidelines, tools, reference to implement Maternal and Child Health services in the facilities;
- To coordinate with LGA officials to share plan and implementation of the Maternal and Child Health activities;
- Help to identify methods that enhance partnership & coordination with government official and local communities, internal integration within sectors and programs (Health, Nutrition, WASH, etc.);
- Provide regular support to the Project Manager to implement the filed activities at health facilities and community level;
- Share reports and finding on a weekly basis to provide help in the compilation of quality reports with an overview of activities and contextual updates, and quantitative indicator follow-up and submit to supervisor for consolidation;
- Ensure that all project-related data and information shared are correct, updated, organized, properly documented and accessible to the supervisor;
- Represent AAH with local authorities, partners and other program stakeholders at LGA level.
- HND / Degree in Community Health Extension, Public Health and other related qualifications;
- At least two to three years of proven experience in humanitarian contexts;
- Demonstrated knowledge in Nutrition/Health and WASH programming and community engagement;
- Capacity to work in a team of diverse culture;
- Result-oriented with strong organization, communication and planning skills;
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken skills) and Hausa preferably.
- Minimum Basic Salary: NGN 211,441 per month.
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, 24 days paid leave per year, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
Application Closing Date
26th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.