WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Requisition ID 144342
SC WFP – Africa, Western – Nigeria – Damaturu
Working Job Language (1) – SUPPLY CHAIN
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Language: General Service (Headquarters): Fluency (level C) in English language. Fluency (level C) or intermediate knowledge (level B) of another official language may be required depending on the location of the post or area of responsibility.
General Service (Field): Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
These jobs are found in Headquarters (HQ), Regional Bureaux (RBs) and Country Offices (COs) and Area/Field Offices. Job holders report to Logistics Officer, a Head of Unit, or the designate.
At this level, job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices for all assistance modalities for both WFP and logistics common services. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff.
To implement well-defined standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Provide support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and facilitating, directly or indirectly, the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
2. Support timely ordering and delivery of commodities and supplies to authorised partners and destinations.
3. Support management of logistics vendors’ contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement.
4. Respond to a variety of technical queries/requests for support, following standard processes, and obtaining guidance as required, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of all enquiries with a high standard of client service mind-set.
5. Contribute to budget preparation, monitoring and revision for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards.
6. Assist in monitoring inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from source to beneficiary.
7. Assist in management of commodity accounting data quality and integrity.
8. Support operational pipeline analyses, assessments and operational planning for all delivery modalities.
9. Process documentation for execution of logistics operations (e.g. customs clearance, invoice verification), take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues escalating various issues to the supervisor.
10. Collect and compile data, produce and/or contribute to reports (e.g. CCTI, SPRs, financial closure, physical inventory, transport performance) and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems in support to informed decision-making.
11. Liaise with internal and limited number of external stakeholders to support efficient logistics operations management.
12. Provide guidance to other support staff, in order to assist them in completing standard tasks to agreed standards and deadlines.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Experience using corporate systems to monitor ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock.
• Experience analysing data (on commodities, funds, etc.) and drafting reports.
• Experience in measuring service providers’ performance against set KPIs.
• Experience in assisting the preparation of contract documentation.
• Experience in providing technical business support in corporate systems.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Only Nigerian nationals or holders of valid residence and work permits are eligible to apply for this position.
- Applications are to be submitted and received online and in English language only.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing is strictly prohibited. Canvassing of any sort will lead to automatic disqualification of the concerned applicant.
- The selected candidate will be employed on a service contract for a period of 12 months.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Submission of application closes 9th August 2021
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.