Malaria Consortium Nigeria is committed to tackling the large number of malaria cases and deaths in the country. Working in partnership with the Ministry of Health and other partners, we lead and support three major malaria control initiatives in the country: Support to the National Malaria Control Programme (SuNMaP); NetWorks and MAPS. Our areas of focus include: Technical support for malaria control Capacity building, harmonisation and training of health workers Heath systems strengthening Behaviour Change Communications and community outreach activities Operational research, policy and advocacy.
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 years
- Location Borno
LGA Field Officer (Location: Borno, 8 persons) – Re-advertised
The role of LGA Field Officer is to ensure quality implementation of delivery of SMC services at the community level by health facility workers (HFW)/supervisors and community drug distributors (CDDs) through the timely delivery of SMC commodities and supplies, provision of supportive supervision, training and documentation of programme activities. S/he provides supportive supervision and training to the above actors and ensures respect of SMC administration protocols within the COVID 19 pandemic setting. He/she interacts with the State Ministry of Health, LGA management team, keeps them updated on the programme progress and ensures high-quality SMC implementation.
- Implement all SMC activities at health LGA level, including timely implementation of work plan, planning meetings, commodity distributions and monitoring to avoid any stock out, Community mobilization activities, supervision, monitoring and reporting.
- Ensure accountability of received commodities and supplies through tracking consumption levels and review of reconciliation reports
- Responsible for capacity building of field partners (Supervisors, HFW, CDDs, and community mobilisers) through training, on-job support and quality supervision.
- Track program targets and timely implement the planned activities to ensure program meets targets and review reports from LGAs and HFW for accuracy and completeness prio6r to submission.
- Ensure implementation of activities is in line with the laid down protocols, by continuously monitoring and conducting supervision and on-job training of LGA, HFW and CHWs.
- Maintain a good relationship and work jointly with – Public Health Officers and other partners to undertake home visits, meetings and to ensure health LGA’s ownership.
- Assist Senior M&E Officer on the data quality queries and ensure identified issues are rectified in time;
- Ensure submission of end of cycle (EoC) report, success stories, trip reports etc. to keep the Zonal Project Manager abreast with the project implementation at LGA level
- Liaise with key partners including LGA Administrator, State Ministry of Health (SMoH), community leaders, other stakeholders (as necessary) for successful mass drug administration (MDAs);
- Attend data validation meetings at LGA level and as directed by ZPM;
- Overall planning of stock levels, making sure that they are sufficient for the operations at SMC sites;
- Ensure that all HF realized physical inventory of all SMC commodities supplied at the end of each cycle;
- Any other duties as required by the line manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- Clinical Officer, Nurse or Public Health qualification.
- At least two years’ field experience in related field.
- Fluency in English, Kanuri, Hausa and/or other local languages is required.
- Experience working in drug/commodity supply management, M&E and logistics.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences including LGA staff, HFW, CDDs and community leaders.
- Experience of conducting quality supportive supervision and data use.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate who are passionate and willing to contribute towards the achievement of our goals should send their updated CVs to: email@example.com and also fill the recruitment form using the link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1F3BXFnNK1dQgAFwQSVyaBbUIjNMWvIHKNBSdBw0rq5E/prefill
Interested applicants should kindly take note of the following:
- Contract duration is for 6months
- Preference will be given to qualified Borno State indigenes and hence qualified indigenes of Borno state are encouraged to apply
- For your application to be considered, it is mandatory to fill the recruitment form and send your application to the specified email address.
- Your email application should have the position being applied for as the subject title
- Include your state of Origin on your CV
- Send your cover letter and CV as a single document
- Considering the emergency situation of these positions, applications will be reviewed on rolling a basis and hence, early applications from qualified applicants are highly encouraged.
- The organisation reserves the right to close the application as soon as suitable candidate is identified.
- Successful candidates should be ready to resume immediately as availability is one of the key considerations for selection.
- Applications who do not follow this specification, will be disqualified.
- Candidates who earlier applied for IDP camp Coordinator may also apply if qualified.
Please note that the applications will be reviewed on rolling basis and hence early application is highly recommended.
Selection process will commence from Friday, August 13 and the application portal will be closed once successful candidates are identified.
Qualified Borno State indigenes are strongly encouraged to apply and all successful applicants should be available to start immediately.