“What are we aiming at?” That’s the question our first president, Daniel Coit Gilman, asked at his inauguration in 1876. What is this place all about, exactly? His answer: “The encouragement of research . . . and the advancement of individual scholars, who by their excellence will advance the sciences they pursue, and the society where they dwell.” Gilman believed that teaching and research go hand in hand-that success in one depends on success in the other-and that a modern university must do both well. He also believed that sharing our knowledge and discoveries would help make the world a better place. After 140 years, we haven’t strayed from that vision. This is still a destination for excellent, ambitious scholars and a world leader in teaching and research. Distinguished professors mentor students in the arts and music, humanities, social and natural sciences, engineering, international studies, education, business, and the health professions. Those same faculty members, and their colleagues at the university’s Applied Physics Laboratory, have made us the nation’s leader in federal research and development funding every year since 1979. That’s a fitting distinction for America’s first research university, a place that revolutionized higher education in America.
Position Name: Infographics Officer**
Position Reports To: Project Lead MCGL
The Infographics officer will provide high level procedural expertise and guidance to Jhpiego Nigeria – MOMENTUM COUNTRY AND GLOBAL LEADERSHIP (MCGL) programs graphical works, manage graphical content and ensure excellent displays in line with USAID branding protocols. Key areas for graphical support include reproductive health, family planning, maternal, newborn & child health, Intimate Partner Violence and Child Early Forced Marriage and other Gender Based Violence Issues.
· Increase visibility and outreach for Jhpiego programs – MCGL projects through design works.
· Develop and implement strategy for better internal communications of programs and MCGL programs as well a Jhpiego programs
· Share graphics and informatics communication tools and capacity building to MCGL team
· Designing of office tools e.g. forms, templates, documents, reports, finance & administration forms
· Design and material development of events branding e.g. banners, posters, brochures, car stickers, fliers, donor reports, presentations and newsletters
· Layout and formatting of operational guidelines and training packages
· Designing of certificate template, program reports and PowerPoint presentations
· Graphic design and layout finalization of edited material and preparation for final print; liaising with printers and other service providers
· Branding of promotional items
· Design of website as per requirements
· Development of OPs, job aids and manuals for Jhpiego’s programs.
· Working with the printers, programmers, developers and other technicians to complete the final product
· Bachelor of Arts Degree, Sciences or social science
· Minimum of 6 years experience with an international development organization
· Strong knowledge and experience in design software such as illustrator, Photoshop, Flash, Dream weaver, Corel draw and Acrobat painting
· Excellent organizational skills including the ability to handle a variety of assignments under pressure of deadlines
· Initiative and ability to identify needs, especially in a busy environment
· Be of high integrity and have a sense of confidentiality.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with pleasant and outgoing personality,
· Artistic ability and creativity are a must in addition to excellent verbal, written communications and presentation skills.
· Attention to detail, consistency and accuracy
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team environment
· Computer skills – working knowledge of design software applications and word processing
· Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented and high degree of accuracy;
· Strong analytical skills and sound judgment.
· Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of staff and partners.
· Good oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate findings and analyses
· Be cooperative, hardworking, flexible & dependable.
· Pleasant, warm and outgoing personality.
· Be of high integrity and have a sense of confidentiality
· Be willing to take on extra responsibilities in order to achieve the goals/objectives set by the organization
· Capability to develop and implement effective strategies and tactics for accomplishing assigned duties
· Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
· Be self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision.
How to apply
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to email@example.com using “Infographics Officer” as the subject of the email.
Application Closing date:
Close of Business Monday 1st November 2021
· CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
· The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
· Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
· We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
· Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
· Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
· There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
· JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org