SOS Children’s Villages Nigeria (SOS CV Nigeria) is one of 136 Member Associations working under the umbrella of SOS Children’s Villages International, an international non-governmental social development organization. We have been active in Nigeria since 1973, with footprints across the country in: Isolo (Lagos State), Owu-Ijebu (Ogun State), Jos (Plateau State) Ibadan (Oyo State), Kaduna (Kaduna State) and Gwagwalada, (Federal Capital Territory).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICT Officer
Location: National Office, Abuja
- In cooperation with the Head of ICT, the ICT Officer assist in implementing SOS-KDI global and continental ICT goals, policies, strategies, standards and guidelines in the National Association (NA)
- S/He supports the Head of ICT in designing the National office (NO) and facilitates ICT architecture and plans their long term ICT needs, ensuring that local long-term ICT requirements are met
- The ICT Officer is to support the Head of ICT in achieving the effective operations of information technology and information systems within the NA /country.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Head of ICT in the area of implementing and maintenance of all national ICT systems and standards in order to achieve a cost efficient and effective ICT environment
- Assist the Head of ICT in the area of data security including the planning, design and implementation of security measures which safeguard access to the organisation’s terminal files and data elements.
- Assist in implementing operating system enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system as supervised by the Head of ICT
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibilities of the post.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT-related field (Computer Science, Computer Networking, Programming)
- 2-3 years of experience in ICT field, preferably within an INGO.
- Spoken and written fluency in English is required.
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse team
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, well organized, and comfortable in a highly dynamic, startup office environment
- Proven computer skills, familiarity with Windows, the Microsoft Office suite, databases, social media, etc.
- Hands-on experience with wireless network, LAN, SDN configuration, virtual support and troubleshooting, ICT security and confidentiality.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online